Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the point of the drawn out 'negotiation' if Txiki was just going to pay their asking price anyway?

In two minds about this one, I think he'll come good for us but it's a lot of money for what is right now just an average player. At least we got him in so he can have a full preseason with the boys. Show us what you got Raheem.

If we'll pay £49 mil for Sterling, other clubs are going to see us coming and what another few mil on the price. Arsenal got Sanchez for £35mil, Chelsea got Fabregas for similar. Both highly proven players entering their prime. We're being made to look like mugs if we pay that; the Liverpool fans want him gone and he's not got that much longer on his contract. Strange, I honestly can't see the logic in paying so much, especially as we rarely use traditional wingers.

Buzz off

If we'll pay £49 mil for Sterling, other clubs are going to see us coming and what another few mil on the price. Arsenal got Sanchez for £35mil, Chelsea got Fabregas for similar. Both highly proven players entering their prime. We're being made to look like mugs if we pay that; the Liverpool fans want him gone and he's not got that much longer on his contract. Strange, I honestly can't see the logic in paying so much, especially as we rarely use traditional wingers.

£10m premium for being England international, but take off the £10m and he still costs us more than Sergio did! Mmmmmm! Anyway, despite all the shite surrounding the move, I look forward to seeing him play!

This, totally this. If he leaves in 5 plus years after winning 3 titles and a chimps league, nobody bats an eyelid. If he leaves in 18 months for 15 million then we hang our heads.

Pretty much my thoughts too. Mentioned early in the thread I wasn't that excited at the prospect and remain so, but if he develops all that raw talent into a world class player....

Welcome to Manchester Raheem....don't beat the girls up, eh.

This thread needs splitting in three...

1. Happy Blues who are looking forward to seeing an exciting young talent arrive at the club.
  2. Miserable Blues who wonder why we've spent so much.
  3. Rags who are pretending to be 2.
860fb89c8406ef353a4188d4add25533.jpg

victor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.