Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we've kept the receipt then.

I'm not saying he's a bad player or a bad signing; I think he's one of the best young players in Europe. Maybe the best at his age. The fee is ludicrously high but for a club where money is no object I'm not sure that even matters. All I'm saying is that "Liverpool's best player" isn't a claim that anyone who actually watches Liverpool play regularly could possibly make about Sterling on current ability.

V good players go for this kind of fee.Shaw went to the rags for 30 or there abouts. Who has got the better deal.also can you an answer my earlier post?
It's a great forum and you won't get banned , we like banter

Yeh but id want to pay that kind of money after hes proved himself rather than before. If he was with us for another 3 years, became a great player , and then you bought him for £49million, that makes sense. That might even hurt. But not for where hes at in his development.

Sterling remember is 20. Hes great for his age. He isnt great full stop. Hes great for a youngster.

Quite often for example his final ball is really bad, his shooting is poor, and he dribbles into cul de sacs. On sky there was a dribbling completion rate and his was 44% whilst Silva, Nasri and Navas were in the 70% area. But thats fine because hes 20 and he cost nothing. Hes learning the game. Im not sure what the reaction to that type of stuff will be from the fans, press, media, opposition fans will be when you cost £49million.

We tolerate his weaknesses, but im not sure you will when you find out what they are, at that price. I dont think we would if we paid that price.

Do you mean in terms of having a rich owner? For sure.

I'm not saying he's a bad player or a bad signing; I think he's one of the best young players in Europe. Maybe the best at his age. The fee is ludicrously high but for a club where money is no object I'm not sure that even matters. All I'm saying is that "Liverpool's best player" isn't a claim that anyone who actually watches Liverpool play regularly could possibly make about Sterling on current ability.

He's certainly close to being their best player. Coutinho is the only real competition he has for that title. Sturridge is quality but injury prone and has dropped off massively since Suarez left, along with just about every other player at the club bar Sterling, Coutinho and Henderson.

Cue every commentator mentioning the transfer fee and "big spending" City every 5 mins. The knives will be out big time next season and we will get absolutely no credit for any success.

some are very speculative of sterling out here and on the social networks,and so was i since the 50m price tag was flashing out in the media but then i think a point which many ignored that he is only 20,last season he was played out of position and roger just asked him for to much for his age,with the quality we posses he surely would be a great signing
finally one target out of the way,on to pogba :P

Coutinho has about 5 good games a season, if he truly was your best player then the likes of City and Chelsea would be in for him.

We're not because he isn't.

You needed a player like Sterling more than a player like Coutinho. Chelsea have Fabregas and Hazard as their creative outlets.

Coutinho will start the 2018/19 season at Barca or Madrid unfortunately for us.

Sterling is a good prospect, but for £49million id want a quality player, not someone who might be quality.

Price is irrelevant for City, and we should actually be happy that that's the case and we were able to get that much.

Sterling is not a "good prospect" that "might be" quality. That's Ibe.

Sterling is a mouthwatering prospect that might be/will probably be a star. There's a difference.

Let's just hope we spend the 49M well. Let's hope that Ibe and Markovic can develop a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.