Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
23 league goals and 4 CL goals over the past 2 seasons aren’t particularly great numbers. Son got 40 league goals in the same period, Salah 45, Manè 27 and Zaha 25. And he didn’t score a league goal against a top 7 team last season either.

Zaha is on pens and no where near as good a player as Sterling.

You also highlight Mane with 27 which isn’t far ahead of Sterling and yet we all know he will be a huge loss to Liverpool.

Sterling will be a big loss to us as well if we can’t bring in the goals. Our top scoring player under Pep I believe. Only Mahrez this season has got to his level at our club from the wide positions over the last 12 years.

You'd think having won 4 out of the last 5 titles, these players would cherish what they have here rather than looking to downgrade to smaller clubs.
I think a lot of players wanting out of City is just paper talk and the media wanting to somehow try and destabilise us. I think we will probably sell a couple of players and we will be alright with that because of the standard of the replacements Coming in. KThere is no way that we are getting rid of five players and for nothing as the press keeps telling us.

Like sterling but like any player if want to leave let go but we need to replace him

I think the change to a false nine system just didn’t suit him. For that reason I hope he stays as Pep reconfigures our approach play this season.
And won’t that be what Chelsea will likely play next season?

Christ, didn’t realise he was only 27 still. Bargain for whoever gets him, poor from us letting it get this far.

I’m of the thinking that he deserves to do what he wants because of what he’s given us for 7 years but it’ll still be a bit sour if a rival gets him on the cheap.

35M for what is a clearly regressing player with one year left on his contract is fine business.
These American owners all appear to be tramps the way they act.

Their ideal model for the future will be to rotate most top teams to win the league in a different year each as they do with American football. They then share the spoils and an ill
informed mass suck it up with the marketing drivel and showpieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.