Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a shame really. I could be wrong, and it’s a bit of a cliche, but I think he has missed not having a striker. Now we have the best there is and it seems he is determined to leave.

If it’s just playing time he wants I think he will get plenty next season but equally I think he has had it in his mind to run his contract down for a long time and money is an issue.

If Raheem does go I guess there will be three more incomings rather than two but not necessarily a like for like replacement.

I hope City’s ducks are in a very straight line and good quality because peak Raz and Fern take some replacing.
Very true but neither player has been at his peak for years

Makes sense to sell him.

Makes no sense not to buy a replacement.

Always the same. Sell some players without replacement. They will never learn. Not a proactive business and instead of depth, our board is creating problems. The same with Aguero and Kompany in 2019.
If we bought a Kompany replacement we could have gotten Slabhead instead of waiting for Ruben. If we got a Aguero replacement we could have gotten Lumpkaku instead of waiting for Haaland. I'll trust what we've been doing.

For depth? For more options? For being capable to win more? To rest crucial players? To avoid injuries with more options?

You really are talking nonsense. If transfers were that easy to organise the rags would be fighting for 3rd place :). We have bought great players & let discontented ones go. Our dressing room demonstrates that. However it’s not always easy to get a replacement for a player at the time a player leaves us - & we don’t buy just for the sake of it. We always try to get the one that fits!!

It’s a shame really. I could be wrong, and it’s a bit of a cliche, but I think he has missed not having a striker. Now we have the best there is and it seems he is determined to leave.

If it’s just playing time he wants I think he will get plenty next season but equally I think he has had it in his mind to run his contract down for a long time and money is an issue.

If Raheem does go I guess there will be three more incomings rather than two but not necessarily a like for like replacement.

I hope City’s ducks are in a very straight line and good quality because peak Raz and Fern take some replacing.
Think it's a shame he's downgrading teams when he could stay. If it was to play abroad , like he's said he wants to, I'd get it. Not trading us for chelsea. Still good luck to him.

Very true but neither player has been at his peak for years
True also. Fern couldn’t go on forever but Sterling is still young and hasn’t benefitted from being asked to be a finisher. When there is less requirement on Raz to score he starts scoring.

People concentrate on Raz’s misses in front of goal but beating his man through sheer standing start acceleration plus a perfect cross to Gundo started our comeback against Villa and is something we will miss if he goes.

Reactions: CC1
I was resigned to him Milner-ing us tbh, so if we can get in the region of £50m, it’s a unexpected bonus and a boost to the transfer budget going forward.

Unlike the snake......He seems a straight up kid,no nonsense,no bullshit....just wanting to do what's in his own best interest and hiding nothing.

I did expect him to see out his contract though,so,yes,a decent fee is a wonderful bonus.

Think it's a shame he's downgrading teams when he could stay. If it was to play abroad , like he's said he wants to, I'd get it. Not trading us for chelsea. Still good luck to him.
It does seem like a strange move but I suppose he must think they have a good chance of challenging for the title under Tuchel and to be fair they did win the Champions League 12 months ago.

True also. Fern couldn’t go on forever but Sterling is still young and hasn’t benefitted from being asked to be a finisher. When there is less requirement on Raz to score he starts scoring.

People concentrate on Raz’s misses in front of goal but beating his man through sheer standing start acceleration plus a perfect cross to Gundo started our comeback against Villa and is something we will miss if he goes.
100%
There isn't another player in the squad that could have done that. That first goal was so important. Another 5 minutes without it and it might have been a very different ending.

If Sam Lee is right, it could be the plan if Sterling goes that McAtee will be played out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.