Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be gutted to lose Bernardo but I genuinely don’t like to keep players if they wish to leave. I do think Silva is a much better and harder to replace footballer though.
As much as Bernardo is unsettled I doubt Barcelona has the cash to sign Bernardo this season. The ideal scenario is to get Silva to commit to one more season and let him have his move next season (providing Barcelona can afford him next time around

Foden is hoping to play right wing when Sterling leaves.
That position seems to belong to Mahrez under pep? I've always really rated sterling on the right (last game of the season against villa a case in point) but since sane going and Mahrez arriving he's barely had a sniff there. Unless Mahrez goes I don't see the wide right posn being up for grabs - frustrating as I think Mahrez is better in a more central role. Maybe moving him there to replace Bernardo will free up the right wing for Jack? All makes sense to me, but I suppose there's a reason pep is managing city and I'm not!

As much as Bernardo is unsettled I doubt Barcelona has the cash to sign Bernardo this season. The ideal scenario is to get Silva to commit to one more season and let him have his move next season (providing Barcelona can afford him next time around
Yeah worth noting I don’t think Silva goes this summer although I have zero inside track on it.

Barca still haven’t paid fully for Torres so how the fuck do they do a deal for Silva

Sam Lee literally says it will be Mahrez and Palmer on the right if Sterling leaves and Grealish/Foden on the left. Which is something I could live with.
View attachment 47623
I think betting on Palmer to be a first-team player full-time is a dangerous dangerous move from City.

He has made 4 substitute appearances across his career in the PL and has come off the bench for a CL game or two. Sure he looks good in the League cup when he is playing much lower levels of competition. But we haven't seen what he can do at the next level.

I genuinely would not hate the idea of him going on loan to a PL team or a mid-level team in Germany or Spain or even a high-level championship team and getting himself some real first-team minutes.

I think betting on Palmer to be a first-team player full-time is a dangerous dangerous move from City.

He has made 4 substitute appearances across his career in the PL and has come off the bench for a CL game or two. Sure he looks good in the League cup when he is playing much lower levels of competition. But we haven't seen what he can do at the next level.

I genuinely would not hate the idea of him going on loan to a PL team or a mid-level team in Germany or Spain or even a high-level championship team and getting himself some real first-team minutes.
In reality we have Bernardo, Grealish, Foden, Palmer and Mahrez for wide positions (and possibly Alvarez although who knows).

That’s greater strength than any other team in the league by quite a way.

(Assuming Jesus and Sterling leave)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.