Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think betting on Palmer to be a first-team player full-time is a dangerous dangerous move from City.

He has made 4 substitute appearances across his career in the PL and has come off the bench for a CL game or two. Sure he looks good in the League cup when he is playing much lower levels of competition. But we haven't seen what he can do at the next level.

I genuinely would not hate the idea of him going on loan to a PL team or a mid-level team in Germany or Spain or even a high-level championship team and getting himself some real first-team minutes.
He should follow the path of Foden into the first team.
Palmer has immense talent and only the injury held him back last season. He doesn't need to go anywhere.

Palmer has immense talent and only the injury held him back last season. He doesn't need to go anywhere.
Exactly, finally looks like we free some space up for Palmer and some fans would then wanted him loaned out.

Disagree with this,

I think your right Palmer has very good potential and a lot of talent, I don't think it's to Foden's level.

In my opinion, Foden is a generational talent, who could potentially win a Balon D'or or two.

I think Palmer is a good young player, but we still don't know if he can make the jump. He's about a year or two behind where Foden was development-wise at his age. I would advocate for him to start all the cup matches we play and even be on the bench at times.

But Gabby and Raheem combined for 46 goal contributions across all competitions, Yes Alvarez was brought in but we don't know about him either, playing in South America is one thing, Europe is a much different level to the Argentinian league.

All I'm saying is that if we get an offer for him to go out on loan to a good club (Southampton, Brighton, etc) that will give him regular first-team minutes and will allow him to continue to develop, we can bring him back next year as a real first-team option with good experience under his belt when Mahrez's contract expires next summer.

I think betting on Palmer to be a first-team player full-time is a dangerous dangerous move from City.

He has made 4 substitute appearances across his career in the PL and has come off the bench for a CL game or two. Sure he looks good in the League cup when he is playing much lower levels of competition. But we haven't seen what he can do at the next level.

I genuinely would not hate the idea of him going on loan to a PL team or a mid-level team in Germany or Spain or even a high-level championship team and getting himself some real first-team minutes.
Looks good against lower level teams? He literally scored in the Champions League, did he not?

I know for a fact that before Christmas his guys, not City, tried to get interest from Barca and I’m sure @tolmie's hairdoo can confirm.

Barca asked for him and a few other lads during the Torres talks after a couple of their execs visited the CFA.

Sterling was open to it and tried to get something to work, but City weren't interested as they could only afford a loan.

Same time they registered the approach for Bernie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.