Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is frustrating as a footballer but only because he could be so much more than the very good one he is now.

The one thing I'll say here is that it's about perspective. Some might argue that he's made the most out of the talents he has.

I know it's not what you're referring to but it's not like he lacks effort or that he's got Neymar-like ability on the ball. For me, he more than makes up for his shortcomings as a footballer with other less spectacular and obvious attributes.

I've seen far more technically gifted players become far less effective players. His mentality, intelligence and drive is what has set him apart. Which is why I find it so baffling when these things are repeatedly called into question.

"What IMO encourages the detractors is the fanboys.While the criticism can often be very harsh and aggressive,so the praise is often unjustified and well overboard in terms of what has actually been produced by the player".

im sure people say it the other way, the reason he is given ott support is because he gets ott criticism , at the end of the day he plays for city and doesn't get any leeway from certain posters on here and i really don't know why, hes produces for us and can be very frustrating as well .
Agree,works both ways,i thought id made that clear with the rest of my comment.

he is an employee . i don't care if he likes us or not as long as he brings us titles , which he has .

frustrating yes at times , but i love the guy.
I do care....because often it feels like the passion is missing.which in turn relates to him just going through the motions in some games.

100% he has contributed greatly to our success,but that doesn't always mean he has always given 100%.

It doesnt have to be chest beating/kissing the badge.....just leave everything on the pitch like Dinho,Bernie,Foden and Zinchenko do.

Those players,with such character,ensure the love from all.

Who was it before Jesus or Sterling?
Of the players who featured regularly, Gundogan used to get an incredible amount of stick (that's been airbrushed from history by many). Especially in 2018.

Otamendi and Garcia weren't exactly beloved in their final seasons with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.