Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it’s too late for that, if he was going to sign would have done it some time ago

I think it is now only a question whether he leaves this year for a fee or next for free. I think he'll see his contract out myself, but lets see.

I think it is now only a question whether he leaves this year for a fee or next for free. I think he'll see his contract out myself, but lets see.
Would make financial sense for him as he’d get a golden handshake of £50 million next year. Our only leverage if he sees out his contract is that he won’t be in Pep’s plan if he stays and may adversely affect his World Cup chances. City May have to get a little hostile as it’s all about the money and not personal.

Personally, I think he'd jump at the chance to join Chelsea. London life, god money, regular games pre-WC, CL football, and a shout at winning a trophy or two every season (if we let them).

If he does stay to see his City contract out, I'd stick good money on him going back to Liverpool on a free next summer.

Would make financial sense for him as he’d get a golden handshake of £50 million next year. Our only leverage if he sees out his contract is that he won’t be in Pep’s plan if he stays and may adversely affect his World Cup chances. City May have to get a little hostile as it’s all about the money and not personal.

There is zero need to get hostile or try 'push' him out or need any leverage over him. If he chooses to see his contract out, whether it is for a bonus next year, one last trophy hurrah, lack of options or whatever, then the club will be comfortable with that as they were when they offered it, and he has certainly earned the right too. He will leave if he is tempted elsewhere, not because the club would want him out.
Plenty of benefits for us too, him seeing his contract out, if that's what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.