Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can respect him without missing him, based on my own personal opinion of him as a player.

Nothing sinister, he's been a part of an incredible period.

The fact I will miss Jesus more than Raheem, despite time served, is purely down to me not rating him half as highly as others do.

He's been an excellent pro and servant, but from a footballing and emotional connection, I can't equate it to how I feel about other players who have left.

The team is evolving and has been leaving Raz behind.

Fully agree, especially regarding Jesus.

The two opportunities in the second half v Wolves were the final writing on the wall for me.

I find this one a tad bit disappointing to be honest.
Why sell him to a rival?
Also last season showed how threadbare our squad was, the injuries nearly cost us the title at the end.
Now we're selling 2 of our best stars and theoretically 1 injury away from having just 1 striker in our squad.
I've no idea what the crack is with Delap anymore and whether pep plans to use him.
Sterling will be a big loss and I'm a bit gutted to be honest.
Who else do you want to sell him to? There’s nobody else in for him with any serious intention to make an acceptable offer. It’s sell to Chelsea for £50m or lose him on a free. Selling is infinitely better. It’s £50m pure profit.

Goes with my best wishes ..

Tremendous value for us (although many didn't think so at the time), boiled plenty of Scouce piss as a bonus (but didn't really show up for most games against them - maybe reflective of his overall time at City), been an important part of our recent success.

Very good, rather than elite player.

On enormous money (#2 behind KDB) so frees up plenty of budget too.

Fee is par for a stats-heavy based English player in the final year (not sure anyone outside of Chelski pay north of 50m tbh)

Surprised he is signing for a club where he was infamously racially abused not so long ago - but he'll be back home in London.

Good luck Raz and thanks ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.