Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible deal for us and Sterling.

The options on the table were slim pickings.

He's not been at it for a couple of seasons and, while I can thank him for his seven-year contribution, I won't miss him and I don't think the team will either.

I don't want him to do well at Chelsea, as they are a direct competitor, so I will clap him out of respect on his return and hope he and his family remain happy.
Will we replace him this window?

He didn't want to stay mate, it's a red herring.

Pep had plenty of faith, hence why he picked Raheem for the biggest game in our history.

His contract has been on the table about 18 months since and it's been one excuse after another.

Raheem's prerogative to run down his deal, but don't say Pep is forcing him out.

The penny started to drop for Raheem when Foden broke through and has been further compounded by his drop in form.

I genuinely think he just fancies a change of scene and is rightly putting starts now ahead of waiting it out another year.

From the sounds of it, both City and Raheem have plenty of respect for each stance and don't need to bad mouth all the things achieved together.
Any inclination on a valuation?

I find this one a tad bit disappointing to be honest.
Why sell him to a rival?
Also last season showed how threadbare our squad was, the injuries nearly cost us the title at the end.
Now we're selling 2 of our best stars and theoretically 1 injury away from having just 1 striker in our squad.
I've no idea what the crack is with Delap anymore and whether pep plans to use him.
Sterling will be a big loss and I'm a bit gutted to be honest.

Well he stays with us for a year and goes on a free, let’s see how many clubs want him then, Chelsea and Tuchel are desperate after the Lukaku saga and need to pay for it, don’t believe the one year on his contract comes into it.
Are you on the wind up, or do you seriously think that is what city should do.

You won't miss him? Really?

I have a lot of respect for you tolmie, but I can't believe that's true. I certainly hope it isn't.

We should all miss him. He's been amazing for us, in the greatest side in our history.

Whether you think the team will miss him as it evolves or not, I have to question anyone who doesn't love the guy for what he's done for us.

I can respect him without missing him, based on my own personal opinion of him as a player.

Nothing sinister, he's been a part of an incredible period.

The fact I will miss Jesus more than Raheem, despite time served, is purely down to me not rating him half as highly as others do.

He's been an excellent pro and servant, but from a footballing and emotional connection, I can't equate it to how I feel about other players who have left.

The team is evolving and has been leaving Raz behind.

He didn't want to stay mate, it's a red herring.

Pep had plenty of faith, hence why he picked Raheem for the biggest game in our history.

His contract has been on the table about 18 months since and it's been one excuse after another.

Raheem's prerogative to run down his deal, but don't say Pep is forcing him out.

The penny started to drop for Raheem when Foden broke through and has been further compounded by his drop in form.

I genuinely think he just fancies a change of scene and is rightly putting starts now ahead of waiting it out another year.

From the sounds of it, both City and Raheem have plenty of respect for each stance and don't need to bad mouth all the things achieved together.
My post was indeed a load of overly emotive bollocks, so I've deleted it. Combination of a favourite player of mine leaving and my own shit had me hot headed. Cheers for being the voice of reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.