Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players like Sergio, Yaya, Silva etc we could easily have sold for vast amounts and gained untold profits but I have always maintained, yes even me apparently, that we've been able to hold onto those players, be successful, win trophies, get "our money's worth" and then let them leave of their own accord. Unlike a Liverpool.

No problem with that, I've applauded it. Yes, even me apparently.

But a player entering their prime years, to a club that denied us a Champions League title not two years ago, is a little different than a 37 year old Fernandinho allowed to go back home.

I don't see why it's seen as two extremes. £45m or he leaves for free.

Sure let him go for a fiver then, that's better than nothing.

We’re not letting him go for a fiver & he’s not at his peak. He’s been average for a while & ………

Let’s agree to disagree

You can say it's great business but you also equated it to slapping a yellow sticker on him.

I just personally believe that there's no need for that sticker if we sell him.
You appear to be hard of thinking. The yellow sticker is a way of getting some return (and clearing shelf space) for something you'd have to throw away if it's still on the shelf at the end of the day.

You can't expect to get the full price for it, because people would simply buy the same item that was due to expire 2 or 3 days later if you didn't offer it at a lower price.

In 12 months time we'd get nothing for Sterling and he'd have cost us another £15m (plus there might be loyalty bonuses on top). It's a buyer's market for players with 12 months left on their contracts who don't intend to extend.

You appear to be hard of thinking. The yellow sticker is a way of getting some return (and clearing shelf space) for something you'd have to throw away if it's still on the shelf at the end of the day.

You can't expect to get the full price for it, because people would simply buy the same item that was due to expire 2 or 3 days later if you didn't offer it at a lower price.

In 12 months time we'd get nothing for Sterling and he'd have cost us another £15m (plus there might be loyalty bonuses on top). It's a buyer's market for players with 12 months left on their contracts who don't intend to extend.
But again, that doesn't mean just accept whatever comes your way so you can declare it sold does it?

Sorry to upset the apple cart for believing a 27 year old England International with closer to 100 caps, closer to 150 goals for us than 100, is worth a bit more than £45m to a direct rival one year left or not.

Such blasphemy, I'll go kill myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.