Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
You appear to be hard of thinking. The yellow sticker is a way of getting some return (and clearing shelf space) for something you'd have to throw away if it's still on the shelf at the end of the day.

You can't expect to get the full price for it, because people would simply buy the same item that was due to expire 2 or 3 days later if you didn't offer it at a lower price.

In 12 months time we'd get nothing for Sterling and he'd have cost us another £15m (plus there might be loyalty bonuses on top). It's a buyer's market for players with 12 months left on their contracts who don't intend to extend.

This.

When a player's got 1 year left you end up needing to haggle. The buying club can do that as they know they can walk away and potentially get the player in a year for nothing. The selling club knows they might get nothing and be lumbered with an unhappy squad player. Pretty simple really.

As it stand its a good fee. Raheem needs to leave anyway, it's a long while since he's shown his best.

Put it this way, if he's through on goal does anyone expect him to score? I certainly don't (and if it goes in I know he's relaxed because he's offside and it'll be disallowed). Yes, he accumulates goals for us by being in the right place to finish moves, but he's not exactly clinical.

Thanks for everything Raheem, all the best, make sure you help Chelsea get 4th.

When a player's got 1 year left you end up needing to haggle. The buying club can do that as they know they can walk away and potentially get the player in a year for nothing. The selling club knows they might get nothing and be lumbered with an unhappy squad player. Pretty simple really.

Well, not quite, to be fair. The buying club may feel that they need a position filling in short order (as, perhaps, with us and left-back!). Also, someone else might jump in with a better offer. The buying club holds most of the cards, but not all of them.

But again, that doesn't mean just accept whatever comes your way so you can declare it sold does it?

Sorry to upset the apple cart for believing a 27 year old England International with closer to 100 caps, closer to 150 goals for us than 100, is worth a bit more than £45m to a direct rival one year left or not.

Such blasphemy, I'll go kill myself.
Dont kill yourself, just stop digging

The only mistake City made is not getting Sterling to sign a new deal 12-18 months ago. We then could have made a nice fat stack this summer. Raz played the same game as Milner but hopefully this time we don’t get rinsed by him walking away.

Unless you have reached legendary status within the club I don’t like players leaving for free. We paid a fee to get them to the club and deserve a fee when they leave.

FFP up our ass at every turn, we need the money to keep those cunts at bay.

Well, not quite, to be fair. The buying club may feel that they need a position filling in short order (as, perhaps, with us and left-back!). Also, someone else might jump in with a better offer. The buying club holds most of the cards, but not all of them.

Yeah, not 100%. But sometimes those offers will be from clubs the player won't move to.

That said, if no club is willing to outbid Chelsea, then that shows what they think of Raz and the price.

The only mistake City made is not getting Sterling to sign a new deal 12-18 months ago. We then could have made a nice fat stack this summer. Raz played the same game as Milner but hopefully this time we don’t get rinsed by him walking away.

Unless you have reached legendary status within the club I don’t like players leaving for free. We paid a fee to get them to the club and deserve a fee when they leave.

It wasn't a mistake; he simply didn't want to sign. Other than a horse's head in the bed, there's not a lot more we could have done.

But again, that doesn't mean just accept whatever comes your way so you can declare it sold does it?

Sorry to upset the apple cart for believing a 27 year old England International with closer to 100 caps, closer to 150 goals for us than 100, is worth a bit more than £45m to a direct rival one year left or not.

Such blasphemy, I'll go kill myself.

Not really, I believe he must go. I rate Sterling and always have, his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses which are both real and exaggerated by our own fans.
However there is a tipping point many fans have decided and I don't think they will change their mind. I also believe if it gets worse and I mean at the ground ( not the dimwits on here) the place will become toxic.
Even when he scores or does something positive many refuse to acknowledge it.
I don't want him to become another boo boy so I think it's time for him to go some where he gets appreciated. Take whatever we can and hope he doesn't return to pull our knickers down.
It was 2 years ago when someone first posted " he hasn't played well for 2 years".
So at least if he goes most of us can remember his great contribution, others will see it as a green light to give him both barbells.

Can't make players sign contracts though. I believe City tried and Sterling didn't want to sign it .

Stalemate.

Not really, I believe he must go. I rate Sterling and always have, his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses which are both real and exaggerated by our own fans.
However there is a tipping point many fans have decided and I don't think they will change their mind. I also believe if it gets worse and I mean at the ground ( not the dimwits on here) the place will become toxic.
Even when he scores or does something positive many refuse to acknowledge it.
I don't want him to become another boo boy so I think it's time for him to go some where he gets appreciated. Take whatever we can and hope he doesn't return to pull our knickers down.
It was 2 years ago when someone first posted " he hasn't played well for 2 years".
So at least if he goes most of us can remember his great contribution, others will see it as a green light to give him both barbells.
Are you fishing again :)

If it's a business decision then why does not accepting, say, £45m equate to "you're staying"?

I personally feel that any negotiations should be north of that, especially if Jesus has just gone for the exact same amount.

I have zero issues with him leaving but believe that a better fee is negotiable given his pedigree and other transfers this window.

But the like merchants have made up their mind seemingly.
Are you qualified in some way to make these authoritative statements and therefore have a right to rubbish the club

Or is it just your unqualified gut instinct opinion?

Which would be worth no more than the opinions of the rest of us

As an example - I would suggest Jesus is worth at least £10m more than Sterling - based simply on age and future resale value

But I accept that is just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.