Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think Jesus is worth more than Sterling, so if Jesus is valued at £45m, the same amount up front plus £10m in add-ons for Sterling looks like a good deal (for us) for Sterling.

I too feel this way but the English tax is like 20% or so.

Personally I think Jesus is worth more than Sterling, so if Jesus is valued at £45m, the same amount up front plus £10m in add-ons for Sterling looks like a good deal (for us) for Sterling.

Perhaps if Gabby hadn't been so determined to go to Arsenal, his fee might have been higher from elsewhere , who knows ? But I guess the huge wage increase and prospect of regular game time were major factors for him.

Arse clearly knew that they could offer what they have and we would accept due to his contract situation, whether reluctantly or not.

I understood the point you were making, just disagreed with how you phrased it, as it implied the club had been at fault, when it hadn't.
You could argue the club did not do enough as we are not able to dictate a fee that reflects his quality as opposed to a fee that is now due to his length of contract and weekly wage.Splitting feathers with the wording.

All hypothetical as none of us know what went on between both parties. Raz has always been wanted by the club.

Imagine the meltdown if Sterling, Jesus, and Bernardo left in the same window. At this moment in time I wouldn't bet against it

If we can’t reach an agreement to extend then it’s the right decision to sell at the kinds of numbers mentioned. He has been a brilliant player for us, and the threat he offered us with his pace to get in behind will need replacing. However, with only a year left on his contract, we can at least recoup a healthy figure to help fund his replacement.

You could argue the club did not do enough as we are not able to dictate a fee that reflects his quality as opposed to a fee that is now due to his length of contract and weekly wage.Splitting feathers with the wording.

All hypothetical as none of us know what went on between both parties. Raz has always been wanted by the club.
You could also argue that Raheem wanted/asked for/demanded too much. Either way, both parties couldn't agree terms.

It’s just time for him to Leave isn’t it? What a 7 years though! It’s gone abit meh between pep and Raz it seems so maybe best while we can at least get our money back on what we paid and had all the goals and success out of him? Will show a huge profit on the books now and the £300,000 a week wages can be used hopefully on Gnabry and boosting Bernardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.