Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
We failed to get him to sign. He may have thought twice about leaving with an increase in wage. Probably not. Anyway, the point I was making was only pertaining to the fee. He signs a deal 18 months ago, enables the club to demand a higher fee.

So we should have given him higher wages so he'd accept the contract offer, so that we could sell him a year or two later for more money?

Well, maybe he would be worth more, yes. But just talking money, how much extra would we have paid him during that year or two?

And if he was worth more, with higher wages, it'd reduce who'd want to sign him even further.

He has looked very disinterested for a while now imo

Not celebrating goals that much too apart from the last day - even that with gundo was a bit weird

Wish him all the best but a new face is needed now

I'm sorry to say he's not good enough for this team. £45 million is a good return for him. From what I have seen, Cole Palmer & James McAtee & Julian Alvarez are, or soon will be, better players.

He has looked very disinterested for a while now imo

Not celebrating goals that much too apart from the last day - even that with gundo was a bit weird

Wish him all the best but a new face is needed now

He also made the comment with Geoff Shreeves when asked about what he said to Gundogan when they celebrated his goal and Raz said I told him it’s how the universe works and he was another player who hadn’t played enough (or something to that effect) very telling imo and Pep is not going to stand for it.

I'm sorry to say he's not good enough for this team. £45 million is a good return for him. From what I have seen, Cole Palmer & James McAtee & Julian Alvarez are, or soon will be, better players.
Thay aren't better, they maybe at some point. He obviously is good enough which is why we were trying to get him to extend. That said if he is going 45- 55 mill is a decent price.

If it's a business decision then why does not accepting, say, £45m equate to "you're staying"?

I personally feel that any negotiations should be north of that, especially if Jesus has just gone for the exact same amount.

I have zero issues with him leaving but believe that a better fee is negotiable given his pedigree and other transfers this window.

But the like merchants have made up their mind seemingly.
It would all depend on whether there was more than one interested party. In this case there was no Madrid, Barca or Juve seriously sniffing around looking to get into an auction. It seemed that only Chelsea were seriously interested and a fee of £45m + add ons is perfectly reasonable in those circumstances and good business when he would be valued at half that in 6 months and free in a year.

We're lucky it's a tournament year, and November at that, because it makes no financial sense for Gabby and Raz to leave now.
They'd be better doing one more year, going on a free and getting a huge sign on fee and massive wages for the 23/24 season.
But they need good minutes in the first half of the season to show their national coaches.

Works against us for Ake mind.

If it's a business decision then why does not accepting, say, £45m equate to "you're staying"?

I personally feel that any negotiations should be north of that, especially if Jesus has just gone for the exact same amount.

I have zero issues with him leaving but believe that a better fee is negotiable given his pedigree and other transfers this window.

But the like merchants have made up their mind seemingly.
The fee I've seen quoted is £45+£10mill in add-ons, would that satisfy yourself? Neither has been announced yet anyway so comparing fees is moot until then, and even when they are we don't know about wage demands and signing on fees all of which affect the transfer fee.

You know full well that it doesn't just come down to the stated transfer fee.

Personally think he's been bobbins for 18 months..Decent for a couple of seasons and has the occasional decent game,can't fault his graft but never seen anyone run down so many blind alleys in games

.. Times right for him and the club to part company while there's a fee to be had for him before it turns completely sour which it will if he does another season...The no show for the parade speaks volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.