Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he fast? Yes. Does he use this pace? Not very often. Can we stop with the pace bollocks. His pace meant nothing after if he ever was in front of a defender he will do his best to cut back again anyway

Since Leroy left, he's been double, triple marked in every game. Lets see how things go with Thor and Alvin in the same team.

There are plenty of instances of Sterling coming on for the likes of Mahrez and changing the game by posing different questions to defenders. If Cole Palmer, who I think is a potentially very good player, were to come on for say Mahrez then opposition teams do not have to change their setup much. If Raheem comes on then the way City attack changes. Maybe just saying "pace" is too simplistic but his runs do worry opponents and have earned us quite a few penalties.
I do think not having that type of player in the squad will be missed.

There are plenty of instances of Sterling coming on for the likes of Mahrez and changing the game by posing different questions to defenders. If Cole Palmer, who I think is a potentially very good player, were to come on for say Mahrez then opposition teams do not have to change their setup much. If Raheem comes on then the way City attack changes. Maybe just saying "pace" is too simplistic but his runs do worry opponents and have earned us quite a few penalties.
I do think not having that type of player in the squad will be missed.
We could also move Foden out to the right and potentially use Alvarez there too should we need a different attacking approach on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.