Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of instances of Sterling coming on for the likes of Mahrez and changing the game by posing different questions to defenders. If Cole Palmer, who I think is a potentially very good player, were to come on for say Mahrez then opposition teams do not have to change their setup much. If Raheem comes on then the way City attack changes. Maybe just saying "pace" is too simplistic but his runs do worry opponents and have earned us quite a few penalties.
I do think not having that type of player in the squad will be missed.
Plenty? when did that happen except for the last game vs Villa? Sterling started much more than Mahrez anyway.

Last edited:
Thought we might have been able to eke another 5-10m out of Chelsea, 45m is a steal

Just like Jesus, the reality will be more than 45m. That one was clained as 45m+10 in addons, with 45m being the one reprts stuck with. The club won't push to champion the exact figure, the Srerling one already is noted as with 10m add-ons. All yet to be properly concluded

I don't think pace it an essential no one is quicker than the ball a good asset to have, yes, essential no.
Especially when many times once in space someone stumble bumbles over the ball and winds up with a worm killer at the keeper or no shot at all...

Especially when many times once in space someone stumble bumbles over the ball and winds up with a worm killer at the keeper or no shot at all...
If you mean Raz? that wouldn't be my assessment of him, he's very direct player and I'm grateful for his contribution, I like him as a player and have no axe to grind with him. He also comes across as a very decent man with good principles and a very family orientated person who deserves respect because IMO he's earned it.
My point simply is that pace is over rated whilst it's useful it is not essential.

would be their highest earner at 325k/ week

A bit of a shame as I thought he would benefit playing with Haaland and link well

Wanted him to stay. That article states he wanted to play all the time and city couldn't guarantee that obviously

All the best Raz ! ( except against of course )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.