Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd told me when we signed Raheem that he'd go on to score 131 goals in 339 games (with 95 assists), win 4 Premier League titles, win the FA Cup (scoring twice in the final), win the League Cup 4 times, and reach the Champions League semi-final at least three times, I'd have been delighted. He should be regarded as a legend.

Frustrating at times, of course. He was hideously out of form towards the end of the 20/21 season and he's always got a missed sitter in him, but I always thought those frustrations were more than worth the brilliance he brought elsewhere. Our most intelligent player, bar none - always knows exactly where to be when receiving the ball.

The stick he gets has always driven me up the wall. As soon as he's gone, I can guarantee that a lot of people on this forum will change their perspective on him and start complaining that "we never replaced him". Dzeko and Kolarov were two players we didn't appreciate while they were here and sadly Raheem is another. The boy is a star.

His crucial goals made 17/18 the procession that it was. Scored a 97th minute winner at Bournemouth to kick that season off, scored two late goals against Huddersfield & Soton to stretch our lead to 11 points, scored the only goal at Newcastle to give us 18 wins on the bounce. Then against Spurs at Wembley to effectively win the league.

It's also easy to forget that he walked onto the pitch for that 4-1 win at home to Spurs in 2017 and scored two goals almost immediately after being racially assaulted outside the CFA. The boy is a born leader, a superb role model, a credit to his family, and a fine example to any young lad who wants to make something of themselves.

If he is to go, then I'll miss him so much. I do think his time is just about up and if Pep sees this as the chance to kickstart a rebuild, then I trust him. But Raheem always brought something different and he consistently brought it on the biggest stage this club has ever known. All while dealing with a racist media who despised him.

I hope he doesn't go because I think there's still a use for him here, but if he fancies going elsewhere then good luck to him (except when he plays against City). Every player has faults, so what? Raheem's been more than worth the cash we paid, a terrific ambassador for City while he's worn the shirt, and he should go with all of our best wishes.
Not worth saying anything new.

Just gonna copy and paste this.

I totally get it but we're strengthening a potential rival which seems to be over looked by some
Would Chelsea sell anyone to us?

As always. No plans to replace some crucial players for better depth.

Who do we need to replace him ? This is the reason he is really leaving,he is not good enough for the first 11,otherwise he'd be staying,we have more than enough cover.

Great money for him as well,in fact mind blowing money for him in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.