Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to the Jesus deal, feels like a deal that makes sense all round for everyone involved, even if I'm sad to see him go.

The reality is we've done well if we get near £100m for a couple of players who'd be leaving for free next season and don't want to be here.

Gives us the chance to revamp our attacking line, which whilst sad to see some great players leave, is at least exciting from a fan perspective to see what comes next.

I think his time was up. He done really well over his time here , but we need a refresh and as Pep says refreshing the team keeps hunger to win more trophies. It will also give Palmer more opportunities next season. I think 45m is reasonable given his contract situation and form over the last 2 seasons. I think we will replace him maybe next year but not immediately.

Similar to the Jesus deal, feels like a deal that makes sense all round for everyone involved, even if I'm sad to see him go.

The reality is we've done well if we get near £100m for a couple of players who'd be leaving for free next season and don't want to be here.

Gives us the chance to revamp our attacking line, which whilst sad to see some great players leave, is at least exciting from a fan perspective to see what comes next.
Completely agree. Good players, great players on their day but we can’t guarantee playing time and to get the money we have given the length of contract it seems right to take this decision. Frees some wages up too

When Modric was Sterling's age, he was getting voted the La Liga flop of the season.
That's irrelevant...today we know who Modric is and what he's been...he's at a different level than Raz...Sterling has too many flaws in his game to ever get to that kind of level...not a knock on Raz...just the way it is...

I think we got someone lined up that might just melt the Internet.

Yes we have Erling and Alvarez coming in but I'm sure we won't be shipping one out if we haven't got someone coming in.

We had a good run with Raz, he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo from one yard but that's all bye de bye now, imagine his goals for column if he'd finished those 1 yarders.

I don't think he'll settle at Chelsea, their fans will not give him an inch.

Raz hasn’t looked happy for a while now. Will always be welcome back at City but it’s a good deal for all concerned. In the same way I always wanted SWP to do well at Chelsea, will be the same for Raz.

If we was buying him from Chelsea on last 2 seasons form for 50 million I’d be disappointed.

Know a couple of Chelsea lads who aren’t happy with them buying him….. and for that fee
Which Chelsea player had Sterlings goal involvements over the last 2 years? even with his dip in form (playing without a centre forward which he found difficult) he’s good value at £50 mill and but for his contract is a good £65 mill player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.