Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happy to see him go. I get the policy of letting them go if they want to go, but aren't we being too nice in situations like this? I see no compelling reasons as to why strengthen a domestic rival like this.

I would have liked to see him pair up with Haaland, as Sterling is obviously a different player when playing for England with a proper center forward by his side.

Oh I am happy being a City fan, i was even a happy fan when in division 2, North stand season ticket holder,but pep doesn't always get everything right, if that makes me not a happy fan then fair enough
Stay positive pal.
Don't become a Rag

So you don’t know, no reason why you would, me neither.The coaches that see him every day might well though.
They may well do, but doing it in training is completely different to doing it against world class players in a real game is different, I hope I am proved wrong amd he does do it, and none of us have really seen enough of him in big games to say, maybe Pep will play him more in big games next season, then we will see

Not happy to see him go. I get the policy of letting them go if they want to go, but aren't we being too nice in situations like this? I see no compelling reasons as to why strengthen a domestic rival like this.

I would have liked to see him pair up with Haaland, as Sterling is obviously a different player when playing for England with a proper center forward by his side.

45m policies could be 55m that’s the reason,or he sits and skulks around for another season,goes on loan in January then leaves for free next summer ! Better to cash in now

I think he is a decent player, but he is not of the same quality of bernado, mahrez etc, I think he was not as good as jesus who we let go, Palmer had a good game against lower opposition in a cup game, he wasn't in the shake up for the big games, I know he was injured towards the back end of the season
Fair enough. I agree he’s not at the same level as Bernardo or Mahrez, but he has a few years to catch up on them yet. Not being in the shake up for big games isn’t a surprise considering what’s in front of him. I personally think he’s an exciting and exceptional talent and have high hopes for him.

We shall see what happens, let’s all enjoy the ride anyway.

Signed him 7 years ago, won a shit load of trophies, lots of memories, good stats every season and selling him with less than 1 year left on his contract for a similar fee we signed him for.

There’s a feeling that this suits all parties.
He wants to be paid the same or similar to KDB and Haaland, yet in the business end of the last two seasons he’s on the bench more often than not for the really big games.

Having said all that we are also strengthening a rival, and he offers something to this squad that no one else does in terms of his qualities.

I’m a bit mixed on the news but hopefully we won’t miss him that much in a few months time

Dare I ask, does our team lack a bit of pace now given we’ve sold Jesus and Sterling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.