Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't like this, feel out leaves us short I'd experienced goalscoring wide players, and pace.

Also think Sterling is making a mistake, if he clicks with Haaland he's looking at being close to ballon d or discussions as he wants, at Chelsea they're rebuilding and much more of a gamble.

But hey ho, we move on. Mist be something more he wants, guarantee of game time, bigger wage, be the star man, no idea but thanks for the memories Raheem and I hope the Chelsea fans don't get on your back too much.

On his day world class.

However I still get nightmares about his misses in the home game against the Scum that we lost after being two up at half time. He missed at least three chances in that first half that Aguero would have buried.

Not going to sort that problem out at his age.
world class at finding space and chances, no doubt for me about that.

conference class for panicking in front of goal and executing a shot

Nobody said you are or you do. I don't get why you'd feel the need to defend yourself when a comment isn't about you.
Probably because you conflated press criticism and fan social media criticism and then referred to "you guys" which was presumably aimed at the readers of the post.

Not that you are wrong about the press, but if you think the social media comments from Chelsea fans will be any different to here, then I think you are mistaken. A sad reflection on humanity in the internet age maybe, but here we are.

This has been coming.
It's a moment to set aside the criticism and the accolades, the weighing and sifting, just take our hats off and thank him. He's been a major part of everything that's happened since 2015. And a lot has. I don't think I'm alone in having felt a peculiar protectiveness about him, since I don't think I've ever, in half a century of following football, seen a player take such an inexplicable cartload of shit up and down the country from supporters who had no dog in the fight either way.
I'd rather you'd gone abroad, Raheem, but you're your own man. All the best.
Well said. So many small time cunts have booed Raheem for absolutely no reason. Worst offenders for me are Leeds, Villa, Wolves and Burnley.

Well said. So many small time cunts have booed Raheem for absolutely no reason. Worst offenders for me are Leeds, Villa, Wolves and Burnley.

And Stoke

Like!

Unbelievable, wasn't it? I just couldn't fathom it. As for the dipper fans, I think that's when my hatred of them went up several notches. How dare anyone leave Liverpool! That's why it's so important, for me, to treat players leaving, with dignity and respect, in the vast majority of cases. If only to show that we're not like that lot.

His stand-out season was 2019/20, when he scored 31 goals for us in all competitions. That's an incredible record.

In total in the previous 2 seasons (2020/21 and 2021/22) he's managed the same number of goals, when he's played nearly twice the number of games. He's never come close to that 2019/20 season but it makes me think whether the loss of Aguero or (more likely) David Silva has affected him, as he and Dave were a lethal combination down that left hand side.

Last edited:
This has been coming.
It's a moment to set aside the criticism and the accolades, the weighing and sifting, just take our hats off and thank him. He's been a major part of everything that's happened since 2015. And a lot has. I don't think I'm alone in having felt a peculiar protectiveness about him, since I don't think I've ever, in half a century of following football, seen a player take such an inexplicable cartload of shit up and down the country from supporters who had no dog in the fight either way.
I'd rather you'd gone abroad, Raheem, but you're your own man. All the best.
Very good post. Had his faults for all to see but what a tremendous contribution to City over several years. I wish him all the best ar Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.