Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
world class at finding space and chances, no doubt for me about that.

conference class for panicking in front of goal and executing a shot
He's not conference class tho is he. He is easily in the top half of PL forwards in the latter respect also.

I get the feeling some people on here have been spoiled watching Sergio the last 10 years. 99% of strikers arnt at his level.

I think we'll miss him.

No player is perfect and in the moment he's often been a frustrating watch. But he's also been an exciting watch, and has scored plenty of goals and been a key part of our success over recent years.

I don't begrudge him being a little reserved. I sympathise with that personality type, and I think given the shit that's been thrown at him over the years he's entitled to be a little wary of putting himself out there all the time.

The past year or so, he hasn't looked particularly happy to be here, so although I'd have happily kept him to the end of his contract, or offered him a new one to keep him longer, it seems like the right thing for him to move on.

I wish he wasn't going to Chelsea, and would have much rather seen him go abroad. But if it's what's best for him then I wish him well. I hope they love him, and that he doesn't get the abuse up and down the country playing for them that he's had for us. And I hope that when he plays against us we can teach the scousers a thing or two about letting a player go to a rival in a dignified and respectful manner.

His pace and movement will be a big loss, not to mention his goal contributions. We've got a few players who need to step up and fill the gap he leaves.

I think we'll miss him.

No player is perfect and in the moment he's often been a frustrating watch. But he's also been an exciting watch, and has scored plenty of goals and been a key part of our success over recent years.

I don't begrudge him being a little reserved. I sympathise with that personality type, and I think given the shit that's been thrown at him over the years he's entitled to be a little wary of putting himself out there all the time.

The past year or so, he hasn't looked particularly happy to be here, so although I'd have happily kept him to the end of his contract, or offered him a new one to keep him longer, it seems like the right thing for him to move on.

I wish he wasn't going to Chelsea, and would have much rather seen him go abroad. But if it's what's best for him then I wish him well. I hope they love him, and that he doesn't get the abuse up and down the country playing for them that he's had for us. And I hope that when he plays against us we can teach the scousers a thing or two about letting a player go to a rival in a dignified and respectful manner.

His pace and movement will be a big loss, not to mention his goal contributions. We've got a few players who need to step up and fill the gap he leaves.

We have to trust the people at City with regards to the ultimate outcome imo.

He didn't want to extend but wanted assurances he was never going to get from Pep.

Hopefully he does well at Chelsea ( not against us obviously ) but the time is right and the money received together with the savings from salary too good to turn down.

Probably because you conflated press criticism and fan social media criticism and then referred to "you guys" which was presumably aimed at the readers of the post.

Not that you are wrong about the press, but if you think the social media comments from Chelsea fans will be any different to here, then I think you are mistaken. A sad reflection on humanity in the internet age maybe, but here we are.

I don't think I was conflating anything.

Criticism isn't even the issue, it's the other stuff which goes beyond.

And yes, I agree. He'll more than likely get the same treatment from many Chelsea fans. They aren't any more special than Liverpool fans or Stoke fans or ours. He's been a whipping boy at stadiums up and down the country for the better part of a decade and I don't expect that to change.

Not that bothered about him leaving but I am concerned for the mental health of the 93.20 Podcast whom, to a man, all seem to think he is just about the greatest player seen in a City shirt for the last 25 years. He's been too inconsistent for too long now and as others have rightly mentioned, Pep and his team don't seem that perturbed by him leaving.
Wasn't trusted to start the big games at the end of last season in the league and CL latter stages (hauled off at home to AM in the 1st leg for a decidedly iffy performance & a truly abysmal performance away at Wolves being two).
Would be excellent for 45 minutes and you'd think...Raz is back and then, would follow that up with 225 minutes of, at times, near nothingness. When was the last time you can recall him winning a big match for us? Kev would do that every few weeks.
Like everyone else, I wish him all the best but I don't expect to be sitting here lamenting his departure in a few years time.

Look for all of you blues Sterling isn't going to sign another deal we all know that otherwise your are stupid

If it means City recieve big money & able to go & sign someone else for at least 5 years then imo it's a fucking good deal

No matter how we all play this he was walking for free just like he did 7 years ago

It's a great deal for both party's so forget where he's going not 1 foreign team was buying him this year not fucking 1

Hes gone for the same wages as he was at City by the sounds of it so what does that tell you??

He has served City well & won some bloody good silverware to boot
Sterling in this City team isnt 1st choice its as simple as that & nobody gets in on reputation with Pep

His record is very very good but if you think he hasn't been shit also then you need to give your heads a wobble

His stats could & should have been so much better in front of goal its as simple as that
Like I've said many times already thanks Raz you have been a big part of this City rebuild & history but if you ain't fucking signing then all the best bye bye

City have lost far better players than Raheem Sterling in the last 7 years believe me & we've done just fine..

Time for Jack & Phil to step up now & take this team to another level with Erling at the forefront..

oh. just thought. if raheem goes then I wonder if the Neymar rumours come back

Not that bothered about him leaving but I am concerned for the mental health of the 93.20 Podcast whom, to a man, all seem to think he is just about the greatest player seen in a City shirt for the last 25 years. He's been too inconsistent for too long now and as others have rightly mentioned, Pep and his team don't seem that perturbed by him leaving.
Wasn't trusted to start the big games at the end of last season in the league and CL latter stages (hauled off at home to AM in the 1st leg for a decidedly iffy performance & a truly abysmal performance away at Wolves being two).
Would be excellent for 45 minutes and you'd think...Raz is back and then, would follow that up with 225 minutes of, at times, near nothingness. When was the last time you can recall him winning a big match for us? Kev would do that every few weeks.
Like everyone else, I wish him all the best but I don't expect to be sitting here lamenting his departure in a few years time.
Not crying then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.