Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no no.

There a a difference between not wanting to be a bit part player or wanting to be at a club where you'll play, and what you invented, which was claiming he thought he had "a divine right to start every week"
Saying "if you don't give me game time I'll leave" is doing literally what I said, but this argument is pointless and stupid and you may interpret him however you wish

What I would say is that I don't think he says this without having an option or two already shaping up.

I do think it should be said that just because he might have eyes elsewhere it doesn't mean that he's unhappy to be here or unwilling to do his part. Over the summer it was known that Bernardo wanted to go, as well as strongly suggested Laporte felt the same, and possibly Jesus and Cancelo too. However all these guys have started the season as good as ever, and it should be assumed at the very least that Sterling will not phone it in (a la Kane) if that move never pans out.

Barca have the money apparently can see it happening in January

Saying "if you don't give me game time I'll leave" is doing literally what I said, but this argument is pointless and stupid and you may interpret him however you wish

See, yet again you've twisted it into a threat.

It's not a threat. It's a 26 year wanting to play football every week. If Cancelo said he was off because he wanted to play RB every week instead of carrying water for Walker, everyone would understand, like they did with Danilo. This summer, people on here blamed Pep for Bernardo wanting to leave because he didn't play every week last season. Loads of people thought Jesus should go because he wasn't playing enough.

But when Sterling acts like every other player, apparently he's a villain trying to blackmail the club into playing him.

See, yet again you've twisted it into a threat.

It's not a threat. It's a 26 year wanting to play football every week. If Cancelo said he was off because he wanted to play RB every week instead of carrying water for Walker, everyone would understand, like they did with Danilo.
If cancelo played as badly as Raheem I wouldn't be so understanding about him "being sick of carrying water" but to each their own

Yeah but the problem is that he didn't say that.

There's a big difference between a player simply wanting to leave for more game time and a player threatening the club to leave if he doesn't get more game time. You're suggesting poor conduct on his part when there's no real evidence to say that's the case.

The weird thing is him thinking he deserves more game time when he's playing like he's only just learnt about the sport yesterday. I always look at John Stones' example in these cases. Not playing so what did he do? Did he do interviews saying he may leave to get more game time? No he got his head down, worked his bollocks off in training and won back his place. That is why Stones will always be high up in my estimation.

If Raz would rather leave to get guaranteed game time instead of putting in the hard work and winning back his place then it's a simple decision for us. Let him go. We don't need those type of players.

If he plays and puts 100% in I’d be just about ok with it. I’d don’t really want players at city who don’t want to play for us though.

Bernardo is that example, but he puts everything in when he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.