Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t help but feel he just needed one big moment like scoring in the derby to win the league, scoring that chance against Lyon, scoring in the champions league final against Chelsea
Good servant like you say but He just isn’t ruthless
Same for gabby as well

Let's hope Grealish takes such a moment very soon.

Gutted to see Gabby leave, more upset about Raz. Never the most consistent but his work on the pitch often appeared to give more space to others.

Knowing he’s leaving, I’m even more pleased that he got the assist against Villa.

Good luck Raheem. I’ve defended you when family blues have had a go, which sometimes felt weekly. I’m sad I won’t be able to do that again.

Who else do you want to sell him to? There’s nobody else in for him with any serious intention to make an acceptable offer. It’s sell to Chelsea for £50m or lose him on a free. Selling is infinitely better. It’s £50m pure profit.
I don't like Chelsea to be honest and given the horrible abuse he suffered with Chelsea fans a few years ago that's the last club I'd sell him too.

while it may not be fair to say just because they are leaving now and it was briefed by Jack Gaughan at the time - that they were absent due to personal reasons but a coincidence that

Raz and Gabby BOTH were the only players to miss the title parade
The parade was on the 23rd and Gabby’s girlfriend literally gave birth on the 24th.

I suppose it depends on how much we’re getting as to whether it’s a good deal or not. If it’s the reported £60m, that’s amazing for a player with a year left on his contract. Slightly disappointing we’re letting some contracts get down to a year but I suppose you can only plan so much and priorities can change quickly when other players become available. Fair play to Raz for not doing a Milner and running it down completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.