Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me Sterling should be an assist machine with his ability and chipping in with 10/15 goals a season!

Goes to Chelsea they’ll be getting a player that will improve them so much…

They do play park the bus and counter so he'll have tons of space to run into.

Just looking at his PL games last season.

He scored 13 goals:
4 v Norwich
3 v Newcastle
2 v Wolves
2 v Leicester
1 v Everton
1 v Watford

That's 5 goals against teams that were relegated and 4 against teams that were in the relegation battle most of the season.

Against the other top 6 clubs he started 5 games and came on as a sub in 3 others (he didn't feature at all v united). He had 452 minutes in those 8 games against the other top six clubs and didn't score a single goal.

How does his record stand up to Grealish, Foden, Jesus and Bernardo?

How does his record stand up to Grealish, Foden, Jesus and Bernardo?

Grealish bedding in Foden was better Jesus has gone Silva is the work horse knit together player!

Sterling been one of our best players ever stat wise I don’t want him to go but it’s looks like he has been thinking of moving on since he realised he isn’t being picked for most of the big games, I think he just wants a change a new challenge good luck to him but at his new club hope he fails…

I don't know.
I don't try to understand the thinking of fans especially the clueless.

Haaland will miss sitters.
Bernardo , Foden , Mahrez and others missed sitters last season.

Some fans either dont understand or want to understand when they have made their mind up.
I think it was the magnitude of the game and the miss being so important was the reason why fans have not turned on him, but have found it hard to forgive Raheem for the miss.

He scored 13 goals:
4 v Norwich
3 v Newcastle
2 v Wolves
2 v Leicester
1 v Everton
1 v Watford

That's 5 goals against teams that were relegated and 4 against teams that were in the relegation battle most of the season.

Against the other top 6 clubs he started 5 games and came on as a sub in 3 others (he didn't feature at all v united). He had 452 minutes in those 8 games against the other top six clubs and didn't score a single goal.
That clarifies Raheem‘s form last season perfectly. Time to put the black armbands away and move on. Look to the future and not the past. Let Manure live in the past.
Thanks Raheem for all you have given to the squad and the fans. Now the time has come to say a fond farewell.

He scored 13 goals:
4 v Norwich
3 v Newcastle
2 v Wolves
2 v Leicester
1 v Everton
1 v Watford

That's the simply reality, a very good player, a very good signing but a player who peaked over 2 years ago and has not got back to that said level.

And let's not forget we are talking about one of the highest paid players in the country, time to move on for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.