Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
We failed to get him to sign. He may have thought twice about leaving with an increase in wage. Probably not. Anyway, the point I was making was only pertaining to the fee. He signs a deal 18 months ago, enables the club to demand a higher fee.
I understood the point you were making, just disagreed with how you phrased it, as it implied the club had been at fault, when it hadn't.

Would you be happy with 60 million pounds for him, in the last year of his contract?
Because that in reality is what we will receive, with the fee and savings on his wage.
He's been a terrific player for us but it seems, he has made the decision to move on.
Their is little we can do about that and the fact is,he would cost the club 60 million for a season in which he would be a squad player at best.
A brilliant bit of buisness by the club, if it goes through.
Absolutely, without a doubt, the right thing to do...

Do you think that tipping point was against Lyon in the Champs League?

I don't know.
I don't try to understand the thinking of fans especially the clueless.

Haaland will miss sitters.
Bernardo , Foden , Mahrez and others missed sitters last season.

Some fans either dont understand or want to understand when they have made their mind up.

Raz is ready to go and I’m happy for him to leave if that’s what he wants to do. He’s came and done his part and done it well. I honestly don’t think there’s much more to say to it. He wasn’t fully embraced by blues and he’s showing us the same. We kind of loved him
and he kind of loved us. I’m happy to let him get another move and that seems very fair on both parts.

We’re getting a fair fee and he’s getting a fair move. It’s par for the course and seems a fitting end. Thanks for everything Raheem. He won’t go down as a legend, but I also won’t ever forget his part in our legendary 18/19 season. Let’s get it done and move on.

Raz is ready to go and I’m happy for him to leave if that’s what he wants to do. He’s came and done his part and done it well. I honestly don’t think there’s much more to say to it. He wasn’t fully embraced by blues and he’s showing us the same. We kind of loved him
and he kind of loved us. I’m happy to let him get another move and that seems very fair on both parts.

We’re getting a fair fee and he’s getting a fair move. It’s par for the course and seems a fitting end. Thanks for everything Raheem. He won’t go down as a legend, but I also won’t ever forget his part in our legendary 18/19 season. Let’s get it done and move on.

This is where I'm at.

As long as we are at least working on a replacement, it's all good. Nothing lasts forever.

How much has Foden played on the right? I can only think of him as a LW and CM, but if he can succeed on the right, then maybe we feel we have enough options on the wing with Grealish/Foden/Mahrez/Palmer/Bernie rotating.

It wasn't a mistake; he simply didn't want to sign. Other than a horse's head in the bed, there's not a lot more we could have done.
I feel that narrative doesn't tell the full story and implies City was just a passive spectator.

We never said we want to keep him at all cost - like we do about Bernardo. Or even in a reduced form about Aké.

That tells me exactly what City want: we are "open to letting them go" (both Raz and Gabby), is the official wording. It means: we'd be happy to part and replace.

Do you think that tipping point was against Lyon in the Champs League?

Yep when you think of iconic moments..
Aguero.. Aguerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Kompany goal vs leicester
David Silva assist to Dzeko
Bernardo that dribble against Liverpool
Jesus 100 points goal
Foden goal vs Dortmund

Sterling that miss against a french team that will not be named!

This is where I'm at.

As long as we are at least working on a replacement, it's all good. Nothing lasts forever.

How much has Foden played on the right? I can only think of him as a LW and CM, but if he can succeed on the right, then maybe we feel we have enough options on the wing with Grealish/Foden/Mahrez/Palmer/Bernie rotating.
I’m not really sure how the replacement part plays in. Raz is such a big name and big player in the English game that I think it’s boils down to contracts and just making the right move. That goes for our club as well.

I think it’s kind of obvious and the narrative is true. We made our offer, he made a few demands and we couldn’t make those two coincide. It’s a bummer and the best answer was what happened.

Our club just goes about doing these things properly in my opinion and unfortunately it doesn’t always look good from our point of view but we move on like we always do.

If it's a business decision then why does not accepting, say, £45m equate to "you're staying"?

I personally feel that any negotiations should be north of that, especially if Jesus has just gone for the exact same amount.

I have zero issues with him leaving but believe that a better fee is negotiable given his pedigree and other transfers this window.

But the like merchants have made up their mind seemingly.
Personally I think Jesus is worth more than Sterling, so if Jesus is valued at £45m, the same amount up front plus £10m in add-ons looks like a good deal (for us) for Sterling.

I feel that narrative doesn't tell the full story and implies City was just a passive spectator.

We never said we want to keep him at all cost - like we do about Bernardo. Or even in a reduced form about Aké.

That tells me exactly what City want: we are "open to letting them go" (both Raz and Gabby), is the official wording. It means: we'd be happy to part and replace.
We've never said that we'd keep Bernado at 'all cost', because it simply isn't true. Ultimately, both City and Sterling couldn't agree terms that suited both parties, and that's the reality. We didn't want him to leave and offered terms that we felt were right for the club; Sterling doesn't feel the terms we offered are compelling enough to want to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.