Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when there are people on here slagging Sterling for missing sitters and not laying on a final ball and therefore being poor or rubbish as you say like the season just gone where he only got13 PL goals and 6 PL assists, let's see how those people judge others in the team that have performed nowhere near that level this season just gone.

I fully expect you and others to be on here slagging Grealish if he doesn't get way over 13 goals and 6 assists next season. It wouldn't be fair otherwise would it, if you didn't judge them on the same basis.
Wow, do you evaluate footballers for a living?

Stats are useful, but they never tell the full story. The truth is Raz has had 2 below average seasons. While his numbers have been somewhat decent, some of his decision making in the final third has just baffled me.

No way could we guarantee a 1st team spot for him and so while he was a decent servant to the club, it was the right time for him to leave.

As for Grealish, he has this season to prove himself.
^^^^^ this- it is so simple and really does not need people getting all precious

Maybe, but none of that is the point. What we do know is at the end of last there was a contract extension offer on the table, that would, if accepted, have Sterling taking up a squad place on high wages. You don’t offer a player like Sterling an extension like that unless you think he’ll play and justify that faith in him.
This myth that the club had lost faith in him and didn’t really want him or Pep didn’t rate him but offered a contract extension anyway is just daft.
I'm not saying they did not value him...I'm saying they did not value him at the same level he valued himself and therefore, chose to let him move on...a decision I happen to agree with...while some others may not...its called an opinion

Would have been happy for him to sign with us for a few more years. But with him, Gundogan, Mahrez and Jesus all out of contract next season. The reality is we need to recoup some money. We are not the state owned, money no object club, large sections of the media would have people believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.