Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kante is not a sitting DM. He's kind of a box to box guy if you think about it. His game is basically to harass opponents all over the pitch. Rice would be the sitting DM we need who is also capable of doing box to box stuff when needed. That's how I see it at least.
I remember at Leicester Kante was mainly the shielding midfielder (or sitting as you say) while Drinkwater was the box-to-box, although each one has to do the other's role as needed on the pitch. With France, the box-to-box was Pogba. Maybe he has evolved as you say.

I remember at Leicester Kante was mainly the shielding midfielder (or sitting as you say) while Drinkwater was the box-to-box, although each one has to do the other's role as needed on the pitch. With France, the box-to-box was Pogba. Maybe he has evolved as you say.

He hasn't functioned like that for us. He played next to Matic under Conte who sat back while Kante went searched for balls to intercept, and he's played next Jorginho these past 4 seasons, who has been the sitting player while he hunts the opposition down.

Do you realise how stupid that argument is?

It's the old the premier league isn't as important as the champions league argument again. This isn't Spain this isn't a farmers league this is the premier league. Winning the premier league IS the most important thing for traditional supporters, the champions league is an extra.

We are going down the galactico Rabbit hole with some of the newer fans, and it isn't pleasant.

I'll be sad to see him go, not much pace left in this squad

This is my fear. We won the league just one month ago and it was his pace and movement to get behind the Villa bus that unlocked the door to the title.

I have always maintained that whilst his finishing isn’t the best.. his movement is.. I can’t think of a better player in the world who is capable of breaking behind a back four on such a regular basis.. he’s literally a chance creating machine and he’s almost never caught off side or injured for that matter. He is an asset.

But If he wants to go he goes with my blessing as he’s been a brilliant and important player (both on and off the field) under Pep.

We could do with a pacy winger to fill the void.

Last edited:
Did the final game of the season just not happen or something? Sterling didn’t start, a lot of fans were bemused by that decision and were proven right when Mahrez did nothing all game and sterling made the difference.
Let's face it, when the team is announced and he isn't in the starting XI, how many still think "No Sterling? WTF is Pep thinking?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.