Raheem Sterling | Joins Chelsea for £50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling has scored some very important late goals for us.

He has also scored below the xG in every season bar one. Simply put, he scores less than an average player when presented with the same chances.

He is an average short passer of the ball, has average creative vision, average crossing and dribbling, poor decision making but he’s very fast.

Since we don’t score many on the break due to the way teams set up against us, I don’t think his pace will be as missed as it otherwise would.

Ultimately he was already overpaid in comparison to his peers and he wanted more money and more game time when he isn’t good enough to justify either.

I’m glad he’s gone and glad we’ve got our money back. I don’t think he’ll be missed. Foden and Grealish are both better on the left. Mahrez is better on the right and I expect Palmer and Alvarez will be too.

Sterling has scored some very important late goals for us.

He has also scored below the xG in every season bar one. Simply put, he scores less than an average player when presented with the same chances.

He is an average short passer of the ball, has average creative vision, average crossing and dribbling, poor decision making but he’s very fast.

Since we don’t score many on the break due to the way teams set up against us, I don’t think his pace will be as missed as it otherwise would.

Ultimately he was already overpaid in comparison to his peers and he wanted more money and more game time when he isn’t good enough to justify either.

I’m glad he’s gone and glad we’ve got our money back. I don’t think he’ll be missed. Foden and Grealish are both better on the left. Mahrez is better on the right and I expect Palmer and Alvarez will be too.
If Sterling's brain worked as fast as his feet he'd have won the balloon d'oor by now.

But he gets in better positions with more frequency than pretty much any other player we have.

It doesn't matter how much more clinical another player is if they're not getting in those positions.

xG is just as useless as any other stat when you remove the context around it.

Sterling's intelligence is pricelessly what has got him to this stage in his career but carry on.
No his speed and the way we play has, you only have to look at the Liverpool game were he ran at VVD, what he needed to do was knock it pass him and beat him in a race, yet what he did was run into him and VVD just stood there, Sterling was clueless he just ran into him and stood still!
Sterling is and always will be an instinctive player, I’m not a hater of him but im not bothered he’s gone, we have far better people on the ball now, he was good for what we needed at the time but I think the team has gone up a level, Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, even Palmer have better close control and that’s what where we are now, your first touch has to be spot on and your brain has to work at the same speed as your legs, Sterling’s doesn’t, I wish him well and hope Chelsea fans are as equally frustrated with him as many City fans have been in the last few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.