Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Scored 131 in 339 games for us being supplied by the likes of KDB, Silva, Yaya, Aguero, Bernardo, Foden, Gundo, Sane etc.

If he had decent finishing ability and a football brain he would have scored over 200.

He was very poor in his last 2 seasons with us but somehow thought he should be the first name on the teamsheet. Pep disagreed.

My Chelsea mates say he has been garbage for them but yet again he still thinks he should be in the starting 11. Maresca disgrees.

The truth is we made him look a lot better than he actually was.

Deluded and entitled.
131 goals not good enough for you then ? The rest of your post is bollocks

Scored 131 in 339 games for us being supplied by the likes of KDB, Silva, Yaya, Aguero, Bernardo, Foden, Gundo, Sane etc.

If he had decent finishing ability and a football brain he would have scored over 200.

He was very poor in his last 2 seasons with us but somehow thought he should be the first name on the teamsheet. Pep disagreed.

My Chelsea mates say he has been garbage for them but yet again he still thinks he should be in the starting 11. Maresca disgrees.

Deluded and entitled.
I don't think it was as easy as you seem to think to score goals for City at the time Sterling was playing. Gabriel Jesus is a case in point - he basically refused to play as a conventional 9 for us.
Sterling could be as frustrating as hell but nobody scores that many goals without serious talent.

Deluded and entitled.
I agree he wasn't great in his last couple of seasons but before that he was a very important player for us and scored some vital goals.

Said it elsewhere yesterday, it doesn't matter if he's one of their best players it's all about who can alleviate their PSR concerns.

Players on long contracts bought for tens of millions more than they're worth cannot help chelsea with PSR as their book value is still for more than their likely market value and would cost them money to sell.

Enzo as an example signed a 9.5 year deal for £105million, he's got 8 years of that left which means he's still worth roughly £90m to them, if they were to stick him up for sale they'd need to bring in more than that to have an impact on the books, less and it actually costs them.

Sterling signed for £50m on a 5 year deal, with 3 years left he's valued at £30m. it's far more likely a club would be willing to buy sterling for anything above £30m than Enzo above £90m.

The business they've done and the situation they've put themselves in means this thinking is their priority now above how good a player actually is.
Or don't buy players that are inferior to Sterling in the first place. Mudryk and Neto for £120m+ when you have a very good player in that position and then proceed to actually not play the better player is crazy. It's like us signing Solanke and Toney and then not playing Haaland. I'd even have Sterling up front instead of Jackson who is ultra crap

they've got a shiny new toy in Neto, who's half the player of even an out-of-form Sterling.
I notice I have agreed with you as a poster generally, but respectfully, don't agree with that at all. Now I am not saying Neto will be a success there, as they're a basket case, but technically - first touch, dribbling, link-up - I'd say he has more tools to his game than Sterling. Certainly an out-of-form Sterling. Prime Sterling is more effective - but Neto when fit (which is rare) is more of a maverick. Neto to me looks like more of a natural footballer. Sterling has never looked like a natural footballer to me - he takes scrappy touches, makes technical errors etc.

But then I have never been much of a fan of Sterling, even when he was good. I said he was a player well on the way down when he signed there, and wouldn't do anything for Chelsea. Still time for him to prove me wrong but not looking good for him. To be fair the club is a mess so he's only partially responsible for his poorness.

But overall, he was a pointless signing for Chelsea as he wasn't going to improve them. Nobody can though really, due to the systemic issues they have as a club.

Last edited:

Deluded and entitled.
Agree. To me he looked very much a player who benefited from being surrounded by far better players than himself.

Now obviously most players are going to look better when surrounded by top players, but to me you could have replaced him with other effective wingers at that time and they'd have done equally as well if not better.

He's just always looked technically very, very scrappy.

131 goals not good enough for you then ? The rest of your post is bollocks
He made the point he'd have scored even more (over 200) if he had football IQ and finishing ability.

That City team Sterling was in was sensational and he was accommodated very well despite being one of the least talented players in the side. I believe he was made to look far better than he is by probably the best coach ever.

Last edited:

Deluded and entitled.
Minor point, but Wikipedia gives his stats as 91 goals in 225 appearances for us between 2015 and 2022.

Agree with your assessment and was chuffed to get the money for him that we did when we did.

I don't think we (as a fanbase) ever bonded with him, he always seemed aloof and distant.

Minor point, but Wikipedia gives his stats as 91 goals in 225 appearances for us between 2015 and 2022.

Agree with your assessment and was chuffed to get the money for him that we did when we did.

I don't think we (as a fanbase) ever bonded with him.
I think the stats at the side on wikipedia are just league stats. The career and more comprehensive stats are further down the page,Sterling.jpg

Last edited:

I don't think we (as a fanbase) ever bonded with him, he always seemed aloof and distant.
That’s in the Premier League.

He scored 131 goals in all competitions in 339 appearances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.