Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

You’re like too many in this country, concentrating too much on players' negatives, rather than focusing on what they do well.
One player I did it with, this guy. But now I am concentrating on players' negatives.

Believe me, there's a couple of your present players I don't like. But I am not gonna go into their threads and start criticising them, as that's asking for a ban given the tribal nature of some on here.

You’re like too many in this country, concentrating too much on players' negatives, rather than focusing on what they do well.
Also, does this extend to opposition players?

Pretty sure I could find you slagging off loads of oppo players. But when it comes to ex-City players it's all 'you're being too negative'.

Might as well leave due to this sheer tribalism from some. Fucking joke.

No your being a sarcastic ****...I wish I was thin skinned fella, I'm a fat bastard.
I'm the one who was jumped on originally.

All for not being a fan of Raheem Sterling, like he's Pele or Johan Cruyff.

He's really not that good in terms of pure talent, and never has been, for me. And loads of people agree with me, both City fans and non-City fans.

He's certainly not so good that he's beyond the (very moderate) criticism I have given of him.

I'm the one who was jumped on originally.

All for not being a fan of Raheem Sterling, like he's Pele or Johan Cruyff.

He's really not that good in terms of pure talent, and never has been, for me. And loads of people agree with me, both City fans and non-City fans.
I haven't even read the posts to be honest so I've no idea what was said.

Me personally about Raheem, I always backed him when he was here, He played a huge part of our success.

Once he left he done an interview giving the club what for, He can go fuck himself, Hope he ends up at Sunderland.

I haven't even read the posts to be honest so I've no idea what was said.

Me personally about Raheem, I always backed him when he was here, He played a huge part of our success.

Once he left he done an interview giving the club what for, He can go fuck himself, Hope he ends up at Sunderland.
Fair enough. LIke I say, I don't have an issue with people disagreeing with me.

My issue is with the City versions of United Top Reds, who jump on me - as well as their own fellow City fans - for daring not to rate a player as highly as they do. Like they couldn't possibly be wrong. They're fans just like we are. It's the height of arrogance to think your opinion is 100 percent right.

Something else I have saw lurking the player threads is that 'Pep picks him so he must be brilliant' - as if Guardiola is infallible. Total appeal to authority and such a weak argument. Now I think Guardiola is the best coach ever but he has no issue picking mediocre (by top level standards) players. Look at some of the poor players he selected at Barca even when they were the best team ever. He played the likes of Chygrynsky at times for example.

Fair enough. LIke I say, I don't have an issue with people disagreeing with me.

My issue is with the City versions of United Top Reds, who jump on me - as well as their own fellow City fans - for daring not to rate a player as highly as they do. Like they couldn't possibly be wrong. They're fans just like we are. It's the height of arrogance to think your opinion is 100 percent right.

Something else I have saw lurking the player threads is that 'Pep picks him so he must be brilliant' - as if Guardiola is infallible. Total appeal to authority and such a weak argument. Now I think Guardiola is the best coach ever but he has no issue picking mediocre (by top level standards) players. Look at some of the poor players he selected at Barca even when they were the best team ever. He played the likes of Chygrynsky at times for example.
As I said I don't know what was said between yourself and other posters.

If you were having an opinion, I certainly wouldn't be apologising for it. If you've called someone out name calling ect that's a different story.

Forums are all about other people's opinions. It would be boring as fuck if we all thought the same.

As I said I don't know what was said between yourself and other posters.

If you were having an opinion, I certainly wouldn't be apologising for it. If you've called someone out name calling ect that's a different story.

Forums are all about other people's opinions. It would be boring as fuck if we all thought the same.
Exactly my point.

I haven't called anyone an ad hom. The original thing that annoyed me a bit was kaz implying I am a kid who should be at school because I don't think Sterling is or was a great player. What sort of weak comment is that? But expected from her to be honest.

Ironic as I have probably watched and played significantly more football than her in the last 35 years. Which is a bit of a dickhead thing to say, but what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

There were a few other comments too but they were just snarky ones and those posters are hypocrites as they don't follow their own advice generally.

I don't mean this as a negative or criticism of him but I strongly suspect football is just a job to him and he has no emotional attachment to any of the clubs he's played at.

You could never fault his commitment or work ethic and he clearly wants to be one of the main men wherever he is. My issue with him is his apparent lack of self-awareness of the quality of his contribution. His positioning was usually great but his ability to strike a ball cleanly and accurately was not what you'd expect from a forward at his level. If you have a weakness, you recognise that and try to correct it. I'm not sure he ever really tried to do that or, if he did, there was no meaningful sign of improvement.

I think it was Sterling's awkward style of play which always made his misses look worse.

At the end of the day he was the best goal scoring wide player we've ever had and levels above anyone we have right now with only Foden starting to show he can get to that level. Even Foden isn't yet at the 31 goal season peak that Sterling had.

I look at someone like Grealish and he fluffs just as many chances and also doesn't get into anywhere near the amount of goal scoring positions either but no one talks about him not being about to finish because it's not a 'thing'.

Sometimes you have to look at what else they bring to the table and that can be more than enough to outweigh the weaknesses and Sterling's goal contribution for City far outweighed the fact he wasn't finishing all his chances like a seasoned center forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.