Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

We actually wanted him to sign a new contract but he chose to leave for a club where he felt he would play every week. Not that I have a problem with that but it’s madness to think football fans won’t have a go at an ex-player for joining a hated rival.

If he wants to go clog their squad and their wage bill for the next 5 years whilst contributing very little else then he does so with my complete blessing and I shan't be pretending to be upset about it.

We got the best years out of him, during that time he still had his detractors on here but the cold hard facts are he scored 131 goals and had 73 assists in 339 games, he was Pep's most used player until the contract talks broke down and was crucial to us for that time, especially working in tandem with Sane a joy to watch.

Oddly looking at his stats his time at CFC is better than at LFC he took 50 more games to score 4 more and assist 6 more at LFC than currently at CFC.

For me, he doesn't look like he is enjoying football anymore, his last season with us and onwards, no joy in his face at all.

Last edited:
We actually wanted him to sign a new contract but he chose to leave for a club where he felt he would play every week. Not that I have a problem with that but it’s madness to think football fans won’t have a go at an ex-player for joining a hated rival.
I think the contract offer was on the table in the season before he left but he chose not to sign. He was quite poor in his last season, I'm sure the extension was withdrawn and led to him leaving.

I posted on here after the Villa match his body language at the presentation was shite and got berated for it by the Raz fan boys.
He didn't turn up for the parade, second time he'd missed it, think it's all about him, would not boo him but towards the end of his career at City I wasn't impressed, that miss against Lyon!

The ultimate hired gun. Hes never struck up a relationship with the fans of any club he’s played for. He does what he does and gets paid for it.

Couldn’t care less if he’s an ex blue moving to the rags. Just another job for him.

Odd move by an odd player from a very odd club to another odd club.

I wonder if he’s got his statement ready for when he gets dropped?

Have you ever been to a football match?

As if any fans of any club in the world aren’t going to boo an ex-player signing for their rivals.
True. But what I'm finding funnier on this thread is not that we have fans who said they will boo him if he ends up playing for United, but that we actually have fans who are now slagging him off for leaving Liverpool to sign for us.

After the amount of shite that Sterling had to put up with in the press because he dared to want out of that club, and the number of fans of random clubs who booed him when he turned out for us because they were brainwashed by the gutter press to do just that despite those fans having no vested interest in the situation, we now have the utterly ludicrous situation where some of our own fans are now saying that the media and those dickhead fans were right all along.

He has never been one of my favourites…..technically very average and didn’t seem to be able to kick a ball properly…..but can’t deny he had probably 3 fantastic seasons for us.

But we slag the scousers off for giving him stick for leaving them to join us……yet some are now going to give me a hard time for joining the rags !!!

It’s sympathy he needs !!
The swamp must be like purgatory for pro footballers.
They may get a barrowload of cash, but no major trophies.
City have stars,
the rags have a few white dwarves and a black hole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.