Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Whatever he does is fine by me. It's his life to live.

I just want to clear up one thing. The idea that he left once he was no longer value-add imo is way off. He was very poor for a long while. We should have sold him a lot sooner than we did.

Grealish may not be perfect and was hugely overpriced but he is miles better than Sterling was in his final years at City.
Sorry, but this is the most partisan and nonsensical post I ever read on this forum. In his final year of City career Sterling scored 17 goals, 13 of those in the Pl, more than Grealish achieved for three years in our club. And that was his poor season. And he was always clocking 30+ games, always available always ready. Unfortunately for him he follows the line of former City players like Nasri, Dzeko, Yaya who did so much for our club, but were never taken to by a number of City supporters for whatever reasons. Love Grealish, but somparing him to Sterling in their City careers is a cheek at best and bullshit in reality.

Sorry, but this is the most partisan and nonsensical post I ever read on this forum. In his final year of City career Sterling scored 17 goals, 13 of those in the Pl, more than Grealish achieved for three years in our club. And that was his poor season. And he was always clocking 30+ games, always available always ready. Unfortunately for him he follows the line of former City players like Nasri, Dzeko, Yaya who did so much for our club, but were never taken to by a number of City supporters for whatever reasons. Love Grealish, but somparing him to Sterling in their City careers is a cheek at best and bullshit in reality.
They are different players but I wanted Sterling gone window after window (no matter his goals). He was poor.

Grealish now plays on the left and while he could be involved in more goals he has been effective in helping our overall game.

I was very happy with the switch from Sterling to Grealish.

They are different players but I wanted Sterling gone window after window (no matter his goals). He was poor.
mic-drop-breaking-bad-interview-bhgwqo2awrcql9vf.webp

Last edited:

Grealish now plays on the left and while he could be involved in more goals he has been effective in helping our overall game.

I was very happy with the switch from Sterling to Grealish.
I find the disrespect for players who did a huge amount for the team and us fans quite annoying. By any yardstick, Sterling was a big part of our success and 131 goals is a fabulous return.
Of course, he was on the decline and this probably happened too early in his career and you might want to criticise his personality - but please don’t insult footballing achievements, not least being an intrinsic part of the Centurions team, arguably the most exciting in our history.
Would be a bit gutted though if he went to the rags!!!

I find the disrespect for players who did a huge amount for the team and us fans quite annoying. By any yardstick, Sterling was a big part of our success and 131 goals is a fabulous return.
Of course, he was on the decline and this probably happened too early in his career and you might want to criticise his personality - but please don’t insult footballing achievements, not least being an intrinsic part of the Centurions team, arguably the most exciting in our history.

To be fair it's not the 30's, 40's, 50's, or 60's the door swings both ways. Legends back in the day got the respect they gave out, some players are just utter cunts and deserve nowt from the fans.

He was good when he was good. But he was poor before he was good and he was poor after he was good.

I am not unhappy at all with us signing him.

I respectfully wish him luck in everything he does (unless at a rival) and would thank him kindly for everything if I ever met him. I'd gladly buy him a pint but if I was drunk I might tell him he was shit too towards the end and i was delighted to see him go. Sorry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.