Raheem Sterling

It’s not normal for a lot of people to be talking about Sterling in such a way unless they really really disliked him. This is much deeper than rating a player or not. Ultimately it comes down to years of negative media campaigning against him when he first made the jump. That shit sticks and works and we’re seeing the evidence of it here.
Not necessarily... I proper loved Sterling until he did that Madrid photoshoot before we played them (and right after the CL ban was announced). That's got nothing to do with a media campaign against him. And I don't hate/dislike him now, I just don't feel like there's an emotional connection to him in the way that there's a connection to a lot of other former players. And that's ok! That connection doesn't have to be there with every great player.... That's why I wish people would stop forcing it when it clearly isn't there. It's not necessary.

You could tell by his last game he wasnt finished and he was bombed out as his brother said he was expecting a new contract , he wasnt planning on leaving , what happened after that doesnt mean that fact changes any

I think the issue with keeping Aguero wasn’t his ability, it was keeping him fit whilst being the top earner at the club. Realistically he would have needed to take a 200k a week pay cut based on the number of games we were likely to get from him based on previous seasons. He was never going to do that and I don’t think the club would have wanted to insult him by suggesting it. As heartbreaking as it was, it was it right decision from a business perspective.

As i have said all along......he never had an affinity here and on occasion it showed.
I'll be amazed if he ever becomes a 'City pundit' because we were just an opportunity and cash cow for him.

Im sure some of you will carry on kidding yourselves otherwise though.
He was asking to leave from the start of last season. He clearly wasn't happy here for whatever reason. It's great for players to go beyond just being an employee to being a true legend, with an ongoing affinity for a club, but most don't.

I love my job and the organisation I work for but one or two things pissed me off recently, so I started looking around. If I felt another opportunity away from my current employer was the right one for me, I'd probably take it.

His action seemed a bit petty but someone said he eventually signed the shirt. He put his name to a nice note when he left. That'll do for me.

Last edited:
Anyone else think the camera again is deceptive. Did Raheem even see the bloody shirt among all the others?
It’s so petty anyway.

Why are we still debating Raz ? He is a Chelsea player now, he is gone lets get over it .
That's the problem. Some on here can't let it go. He either wants putting up against a wall and shooting for daring to not sign a City shirt or, on the other hand, he was bombed out of the club. Both of which are overreactions. Classic Bluemoon-ery, I guess.

Never felt like he had a strong connection with the club and think the way he has left suggests lack of respect for fans.

No show at the parade, no exit interview (unlike Jesus) and then refusing to sign a city shirt when he was perfectly happy to go out his way to take pics with scousers the other year.

Attachments

• 6E186AF6-69EA-4896-97B6-B444D5650578.jpeg
    6E186AF6-69EA-4896-97B6-B444D5650578.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 28
Never felt like he had a strong connection with the club and think the way he has left suggests lack of respect for fans.

No show at the parade, no exit interview (unlike Jesus) and then refusing to sign a city shirt when he was perfectly happy to go out his way to take pics with scousers the other year.
How terribly disrespectful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.