Rained off ?

mscenterh750

trying to stay away from the transfer forum, but I
I've just taken my eldest girl to footie training, and on the way I said it's starting to rain, to which she replies have city ever had a game rained off. I said I think so, but can't really remember.

The game I think it was, was when Ingebrigsten scored and I'm sure the game was called off soon after. Does anybody know if my hunch is correct and if so who were we playing. And do any of you recall any other games, we have had cancelled either part way through or before a game ?.

i remember being 4-0 up away at Burnley after half an hour and being a nervous wreck thinking the game would be called off and have to be replayed

city, ruining 4-0 scorelines since...

It was Denis Law, no less, at Luton. the ref called it off with about 15 mins to go. When it was replayed, we of course lost 3-1 - and Denis scored our goal.

mansour's tow ropes said:
i remember being 4-0 up away at Burnley after half an hour and being a nervous wreck thinking the game would be called off and have to be replayed

Haha yeah!
Remember everyone joking about it during the first half.
But during the second half that pitch was a mess!

mansour's tow ropes said:

That was bad, cleared up nicely for us going home though.,

eshiers1 said:
twice against ipswich

in the league in 94??

and in the league cup in 2000

Remember Vonk scoring in 94 and we went 2-0 up - can't recall the other scorer.

The 2000 game should never have started, Ipswich scored early on and Dickov (I think) equalised soon after and as soon as he did, the game was abandoned.
City won both replayed games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.