Rained off ?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
eshiers1 said:
twice against ipswich

in the league in 94??

and in the league cup in 2000

Remember Vonk scoring in 94 and we went 2-0 up - can't recall the other scorer.

The 2000 game should never have started, Ipswich scored early on and Dickov (I think) equalised soon after and as soon as he did, the game was abandoned.
City won both replayed games.

dont think we won the one in 2000...we went out to ipswich that year!

in extra time 1-2 iirc

Was there a night game against Crewe I think or has my memory completely been pickled!

Remember an away match at white hart lane against spuds rained off, the game didn't even start, early 90's I think. It was a long way to drive there and back in that rain

lancs blue said:
Newcastle at home, 68/69 IIRC, ref called it off after we equalised just before HT. It was bloody wet though!

Correct. I was there at this one, my second ever game. 1-1 and proper rain, none of this namby-pamby drizzle either

eshiers1 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
eshiers1 said:
twice against ipswich

in the league in 94??

The 2000 game should never have started, Ipswich scored early on and Dickov (I think) equalised soon after and as soon as he did, the game was abandoned.

in extra time 1-2 iirc

Venus rounded Weaver for the winner after dropping the first for the to equalise.

I can remember the Ipswich games been abandoned and plenty of away games posponed last minute. Plymouth and Brentford come to mind immediately.

But in all my years, early 70's to date, I can't recall a single City home game being posponed ( not abandoned ) due to the pitch been unplayable.

I'm not counting United a couple of years ago as I don't think the problem was the pitch but the icy streets around the ground.

eshiers1 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
eshiers1 said:
twice against ipswich

in the league in 94??

in extra time 1-2 iirc

Correct.
The first replayed game was Franny Lees first in charge. Rocastle scored I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.