Random City Players

Martin O'Neill played for us very briefly in the early 80s. He was obviously a pretty decent player (and later manager )at various clubs, but didn't really make much of an impression at City did he!
In truth, though I did go to a few games when he was a City player i honestly don't remember any of his performances.
The only thing I do actually remember about him during his time with us was when Northern Ireland played Scotland and both captains were City players. O'Neill was their captain and Asa Hartford(also at City at that time) was Scotand's.

My namesake. the only thing i remember is that he’s pull his socks up every chance he couldView attachment 63695
Seemed quite a decent player at the time, but most people seem to remember him for his other car sales business 'dealings' don't they?
Another German, Steffen Karl. Hardly in the Gundo class, but I do remember him scoring an important late winner at The Dell (what a dump that was!) It was quite late in the season and both us and Southampton were near the bottom of the table at the time. We didn't end up going down that season ,don't think they did either.

M Robins, A Kanchelskis, P Schmeichel, A Cole, O Hargreaves, some I’d forgotten, some I pretend never happened, although Hargreaves is normally more than ok about us. Justin Fashanu is one my mates just plucked out of thin air, can’t remember it myself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.