Random City Players

Barry Silkman - Allison signing late 70’s, played around 20 odd times. Went to a Shalamar gig tonight and there’s Silky MC’ing and promoting them, belting out a half decent rendition of Me & Mrs Jones himself in a gold larmha jacket and snakeskin slippers. Who knew!

Sylvinho.

His name was on a City quiz the other day and I completely forgot about his existence in a City shirt.
Unfortunately I still remember him. Was it Aaron Lennon that completely blitzed him all game in the cup?

Martin O'Neill played for us very briefly in the early 80s. He was obviously a pretty decent player (and later manager )at various clubs, but didn't really make much of an impression at City did he!
In truth, though I did go to a few games when he was a City player i honestly don't remember any of his performances.
The only thing I do actually remember about him during his time with us was when Northern Ireland played Scotland and both captains were City players. O'Neill was their captain and Asa Hartford(also at City at that time) was Scotand's.
O’Neill said ”John Bond addressed the players for 45 minutes, but said nothing.”

Jerome Boateng the only signing out off the 4 (David Silva, Yaya Toure, Kolarov and Boateng) that didn't work out.

The other 3 became City legends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.