Random things you remember about City matches

Ja Salford Blue

Just been reading the thread about peoples first city game. I comented saying that I dont even remember which year my first game was let alone who we played! but I can remember some really fuckin stupid insignificant things about certain matches.

like Frank Clarkes first game as manager was against Norwich!

Ayone got anymore that might just be more pointless than this thread!

Ja Salford Blue said:
Just been reading the thread about peoples first city game. I comented saying that I dont even remember which year my first game was let alone who we played! but I can remember some really fuckin stupid insignificant things about certain matches.

Some clear memories from my first few games:

My Dad lost the car after the first game I went to.

A massive fight between City and Spurs fans, that may have been the second.

Peter Barnes trapping the ball very high, on the wing.

Getting right to the turnstile and getting locked out, v Arsenal. Dad took me to United reserves.

Myself, loads of other Blues, and my heavily-pregnant wife coming out of Highbury a good 30 years ago and being accosted by some thugs. Things could have got nasty but to be fair they let us through because of my wife's condition.

Bloody scary, though.

I posted this in the first game thread.

Years ago when the old Kippax, (RIP), was up I remember hearing 2 blues get confrontational with each other, eventually ending up into a bit of a fight. They fought on the floor and rolled down the steps before casually getting up, hugging and focussing once more on the match. It was very random both in how it happened and how it ended.

Also another thing I remember was being outside the Albert before the Chelsea game in 94. Was our last game of the season and they were due to play the scum in the cup final a few weeks later. The Kippax was shouting 'you're gonna win the cup', which is one thing I remember, but outside the Albert some random guy stuck his head out of a van and shouted 'oi, the puffs are coming, slag em off'. What's he on about, we thought? Then, seconds later the Harikrishna's (sp) appeared! Just the way he shouted that was one of the funniest and random things ever!

Ja Salford Blue said:

i thought clarkes first game was a 1-1 draw v palace, we let a late goal in.

fathellensbellend said:
Ja Salford Blue said:

i thought clarkes first game was a 1-1 draw v palace, we let a late goal in.

Im sure it was Norwich, if im wrong then this really is a pointless thread

Remember when we played Oldham at Boundary Park and it was City everywhere, going off all over the place and then a ladder appeared in the stnd and City lads were using it to get into the upper tier.

Where the fuck did that ladder come from.

spurs away, last game of season few years back (last of Pearce's reign, too) at halftime (we were down 2-0 btw) i was at my seat when i noticed a home fan wearing a red united jersey. i pointed this out to my brother, then as he saw him other blues in the area began to notice. seconds later "what the f****** hell is that?" chant started up with plenty of gusto. it was promptly followed by "town full of m******...you're just a town...". soon what seemed to be the whole away end had chimed, all pointing at this fan. Finally, a spurs steward came over talked with the fan and made him cover the jersey/take it off (i cant remember). it was my first and only game so far but this was definitely the highlight. best bit is though, the spurs fan looked about 12.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.