Rangers

forevermancity

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/16/rangers-charles-green-england-leagues" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... nd-leagues</a>

Charles Green doesnt half drop some clangers.

Like rangers as a club, but this guy is a moron!

its gonna happen, without doubt. rangers have nothing to lose from starting at the lowest English league level now. they are actually drawing in more tv viewers that celtic at the moment even playing the teams they are.

this is the start of a general european league. this is the first domino falling. 10 years from now will see all the biggest teams in one league together.

Rangers will never play in England,other than the occasional visit to Shielfield Stadium to play Berwick.
And I for one am glad of that,as we need them like we need a second arsehole.
This European Super League idea is also a pipedream that will never happen.
I do however love the irony of Rangers having a guy called Green running things.

Meh. I don't care. It won't be for another 10 years and life is too short to worry about some CEOs long drawn out "plans".

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Rangers will never play in England,other than the occasional visit to Shielfield Stadium to play Berwick.
And I for one am glad of that,as we need them like we need a second arsehole.
This European Super League idea is also a pipedream that will never happen.
I do however love the irony of Rangers having a guy called Green running things.

i personally think it is shit, but just because you or me dont want it doesnt mean it will not happen. there are bigger wheels turning in football these days and what the big teams want is to be in a european league - but how to do it without upsetting the fans (and football associations) and who will do it first and set the precedent?

enter rangers stage left!!

So which team will lose their place in the English League to allow Rangers in? Even if they started in League 2, either an extra League 2 team will be relegated to the Conference (plus one more in each of the leagues below the Conference right down to the bottom of the pyramid) or a Conference side will be denied promotion to League 2 despite having earned it.

That's why it won't ever happen, the same as that hare brained idea that pops up every so often that Premier League reserve teams should play in the Football League (which would also result in existing league sides being unfairly demoted and/or kicked out of the league).

laserblue said:
So which team will lose their place in the English League to allow Rangers in? Even if they started in League 2, either an extra League 2 team will be relegated to the Conference (plus one more in each of the leagues below the Conference right down to the bottom of the pyramid) or a Conference side will be denied promotion to League 2 despite having earned it.

That's why it won't ever happen, the same as that hare brained idea that pops up every so often that Premier League reserve teams should play in the Football League (which would also result in existing league sides being unfairly demoted and/or kicked out of the league).

Case law and legal precedent would suggest that MK Dons have already given the legal gateway.<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:11 pm --<br /><br />
laserblue said:

Case law and legal precedent would suggest that MK Dons have already given the legal gateway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.