Rangers

Green will say anything to get the 'loya'l support to shell out for his pie in the sky share issue. Check out all his mad 'what the fans want to hear' ramblings...always followed by a push on the share issue.

...and jimharri - if you hate both teams so much why don't you stay out of threads concerning them.

Green seems to find everyone responsible for their current plight except Rangers.

moomba said:
Green seems to find everyone responsible for their current plight except Rangers.

this.
see now he said he will donate their share of dundee utd game to charity.so in otherwords rangers then?

moomba said:
As far as I can see, despite being proven cheats (they admitted to contract and payment irregularities in the big tax case) they are trying to come across as indignant and hard done by simply because they got through the FTT on a technicality. Looks like HMRC arent giving up though and will appeal.

Its astounding that Green has the affrontery to take others to task about criticising his club because they were innocent all along. I guess all the supporters need to part with their cash is a bit of tub thumping, regardless of the plausibility of the share issue. Total farce from start to finish.

Renton said:
moomba said:
As far as I can see, despite being proven cheats (they admitted to contract and payment irregularities in the big tax case) they are trying to come across as indignant and hard done by simply because they got through the FTT on a technicality. Looks like HMRC arent giving up though and will appeal.

Its astounding that Green has the affrontery to take others to task about criticising his club because they were innocent all along. I guess all the supporters need to part with their cash is a bit of tub thumping, regardless of the plausibility of the share issue. Total farce from start to finish.
The reason they are in the lowest league is because they went into liquidation.Same punishment as Gretna and Livingston.Find it strange that Green does not understand this.

bennyboy said:
Renton said:
moomba said:

The reason they are in the lowest league is because they went into liquidation.Same punishment as Gretna and Livingston.Find it strange that Green does not understand this.
Of course he understands it. He has a brass neck of gargantuan proportions though. Because the FTT went in their favour (for now) he's riding the wave of plausible deniability and his rhetoric suggests all that the supporters want to hear.

Setting aside the moral aspect of the FTT findings which he obviously avoids like the plague, Green's statements are rabble rousing, aspirational nonsense. Serious businessmen with a critical eye wouldnt go near the share issue. Its an absolute minefield for prospective investors.

Interesting how the United spokesman commented on it being an English only league when Swansea are already in it and Cardiff look highly likely to be next season.

The problem with Platini's rules are that, more than ever before, we are going to see a breakaway of two or three clubs in every league. Is it only a matter of time before we see leagues become so lop-sided that teams joining leagues from other countries, or European leagues, becomes inevitable to maintain interest levels.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see, in ten years time, two regional European Leagues of say 16 teams each with the existing country leagues running below with promotion/relegation decided on a play-off/election basis.

North
1. City 2. United 3. Chelsea 4. Arsenal 5. Celtic 6. Rangers 7. Ajax 8. PSV 8. Anderlecht 9. Bruges 10. Dortmund 11. Bayern. 12. Schalke 13. S.Moscow 14. Zenit 15. Liverpool 16. PSG

South
1. Barcelona 2. Real Madrid 3. Valencia 4. Porto 5. Benfica 6. Milan. 7. Inter 8. Juventus 9. Panthinaikos 10. Fenerbahce 11. Galatasary 12. Dynamo Kiev 13. Shakhtar Donetsk 14. Atletico Madrid 15. Marseille 16. Lyon

Top from each qualify for a play-off to decide the title. Bottom club from each country applying for re-election against the champions of each country's retained leagues.

It might end up in a closed shop situation for some countries but would the likes of Hibernian and Aberdeen not prefer to be playing for trophies?

I appreciate I would be in a minority but I think it would re-vitalise things a lot for countries who just have stale and predictable championships at the moment.

why would a third division team from Scotland be in your mix? you havent picked a div three team from anywhere else.i agree can see a European league coming though.

maccadon said:
why would a third division team from Scotland be in your mix? you havent picked a div three team from anywhere else.i agree can see a European league coming though.
Because they are one of the biggest clubs in Europe?

burning blue soul said:
this is the start of a general european league. this is the first domino falling. 10 years from now will see all the biggest teams in one league together.

Without a doubt.

It's happening right now. if Rangers are allowed in, a club in say France (PSG?) will be asking: Why aren't we allowed to play in another countries league if they are?

Then The Prem will be told by their backers: We'd much rather see PSG playing week in, week out than say Wigan Athletic...

The Prem will go along with the money scent and before you know it, We'll have a European league forming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.