Rank Our Players in Terms of Importance...

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
I just happened to listen to Gabriel Marcotti and he raised his own personal view about where players ranked in the team.

I happened to disagree with his view, but it IS really tough to think about as, potentially, it changes based upon form.

So, after much thought here's what impressions I get for the TEAM, not the club...

1) Ederson

2) Dias and Stones (I can't separate them and confidence and trust comes from them to get results)

3) De Bruyne - our metronome/ heartbeat

4) Walker - oozes confidence and actually thinks about his game and positioning now under Pep

5) Foden - the arc of his rise is almost unprecedented, especially when you compare his and Sancho's impact, right now. Can see him replacing KdB in order to bring Palmer through.

6) Rodri- just been so impressive now he's made that mid his own. Majestic, at times.

7) Here's the tough bit, but... Berni > Gundogan. They offer different things, yes, but we're seeing the real Bernado stand up an run even when he looks like he's done, energy-wise. He'd been so stunted because of Gundogan offering Pep what he thought he needed in that mid (and that's fair enough), but we nearly lost this special player, ffs!

When I think about it, all the players above play for the team first and foremost before thinking about personal headlines.

9) Jesus - I could have put him in the first bracket of late, but I would have to see if his old habits return out of frustration.

10) Mahrez - sure, he has 'magical moments' and, again, another who has recently been offering more team-wise, but I can't forgive his habit of trying impossible shots when the easy option is on.

11) Steffen - very capable and has clearly built his game more on how Ederson sees the game and I, personally, hope he gets to shine further in the team.

Of course, an honourable mention goes to Fern, but he's not in the team regularly enough now and we all know what he offers when he is and for me, would sit above Rodri.

I like Sterling, but I don't/ can't rank him in the importance aspect in all brutal honesty. I could break down the reasoning, but can't be bothered as it's obvious based on my thoughts above.

I might have missed one or two, but that's just how I see it in my mind.

Not sure if it worth polling, mind.

How do you guys see things in terms of team importance?

Cancelo needs to be right up there with his ability to come inside and make another midfield pivot, the way weve started the season Laporte needs to be in there aswell for his ability to switch the play, something that was seriously lacking when he was out and Ake played

I just happened to listen to Gabriel Marcotti and he raised his own personal view about where players ranked in the team.

I happened to disagree with his view, but it IS really tough to think about as, potentially, it changes based upon form.

So, after much thought here's what impressions I get for the TEAM, not the club...

1) Ederson

2) Dias and Stones (I can't separate them and confidence and trust comes from them to get results)

3) De Bruyne - our metronome/ heartbeat

4) Walker - oozes confidence and actually thinks about his game and positioning now under Pep

5) Foden - the arc of his rise is almost unprecedented, especially when you compare his and Sancho's impact, right now. Can see him replacing KdB in order to bring Palmer through.

6) Rodri- just been so impressive now he's made that mid his own. Majestic, at times.

7) Here's the tough bit, but... Berni > Gundogan. They offer different things, yes, but we're seeing the real Bernado stand up an run even when he looks like he's done, energy-wise. He'd been so stunted because of Gundogan offering Pep what he thought he needed in that mid (and that's fair enough), but we nearly lost this special player, ffs!

When I think about it, all the players above play for the team first and foremost before thinking about personal headlines.

9) Jesus - I could have put him in the first bracket of late, but I would have to see if his old habits return out of frustration.

10) Mahrez - sure, he has 'magical moments' and, again, another who has recently been offering more team-wise, but I can't forgive his habit of trying impossible shots when the easy option is on.

11) Steffen - very capable and has clearly built his game more on how Ederson sees the game and I, personally, hope he gets to shine further in the team.

Of course, an honourable mention goes to Fern, but he's not in the team regularly enough now and we all know what he offers when he is and for me, would sit above Rodri.

I like Sterling, but I don't/ can't rank him in the importance aspect in all brutal honesty. I could break down the reasoning, but can't be bothered as it's obvious based on my thoughts above.

I might have missed one or two, but that's just how I see it in my mind.

Not sure if it worth polling, mind.

How do you guys see things in terms of team importance?

Pretty much spot on imo. I like Laporte great pkayer and great pro, but, subject to injury, put him marginally behind Stones at the moment.

Cancelo needs to be right up there with his ability to come inside and make another midfield pivot, the way weve started the season Laporte needs to be in there aswell for his ability to switch the play, something that was seriously lacking when he was out and Ake played

I get that view, but consistency means a lot to me, not moments.

Cancelo has great games period and poor moments at times within them (the Salah 'tackle' was a great case-in-point). He also goes missing after his spell of great games are over, which is why he gets benched. I did think about him, though.

I could, literally, level the same charge to Laporte, oddly enough!

I'm taking this as terms of importance to our squad in relation to our best 11 and other squad options

Ederson
Steffen
Dias
Cancelo
Walker
Rodri
Bernardo
Laporte
Stones
KDB
Foden
Grealish
Jesus
Torres
Mahrez
Gundogan
Ake
Fernandinho
Zinchenko
Sterling
Carson
Mendy

Last edited:
its to head scratching to make a long list out !

i would say the last player i want missing on a big game would be diaz, not saying he is our best player as id say KDB is, but diaz is in our top three. KDB is easier to cover for.

next player i dont want injured in a big game is ederson, he is to hard to replace.

on a different note, imagine if bernardo or laporte would have gone. Both been key to our good run. I do prefer laporte to stones in the defence partnership. They should rotate, its healthy and a good change to have stones and laporte swapping, we play enough games to warrant it.

I'm taking this as terms of importance to our squad in relation to our best 11 and other squad options

Ederson
Steffen
Dias
Cancelo
Walker
Rodri
Bernardo
Laporte
Stones
KDB
Foden
Grealish
Torres
Mahrez
Gundogan
Ake
Fernandinho
Zinchenko
Sterling
Carson
Mendy

good list, didnt realise we had so many greats !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.