Rare Prog Rock Bands

How about this lot. Maybe they rate as famous as well - you don't hear much about them though when prog rock legends are mentioned.

Last edited:
Druid were not a bad outfit making it onto Whistling Bobs show a few times.They also won the 1974 melody maker contest for unsigned bands so could knock out a decent tune or three.The lead singer was somewhat Andersonesque in his vocal prowess but then again who didn't want to emulate the wonderful Anderson back then.

Here is my favourite track called Voices from the album Toward The Sun 1975 and the climatic culmination and musical buildup to the 3 minute vocals mark make for fine listening.

Great call, wondered if 'Druid' would get a mention after looking at the thread title, not a fan of progressive rock myself ordinarily, but it was the late great legend Cedric Sharpley (RIP bro) that drew my attention to them and was very pleasantly surprised, they've done some really good stuff.

Sorry if the link doesn't work...Kayak, Dutch Prog. Bought this from a little second hand record shop on Underbank in Stockport in the late 80s because I liked the cover. Perhaps a tad too poppy for all tastes.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

PFM - Italian proggers still going, photos of ghosts and Jet Lag two of my favourites. ELP took them under their wing but more like Gentle Giant meets Focus.

The Enid - In the Region of the Summer Stars. I used to quite like this lot in my youth.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.