Rare Prog Rock Bands

Big Big Train are superb,saw them recently in Basingstoke, then 2 days later at the Night of the Progs festival in Germany.

They hardly ever tour which is a shame because their live performances is excellent. I particularly like the drummer who I believe was in Spocks Beard

It was just after the heady heights of the amazing 15th Reading Fest that I tuned into Camel and in my estimation a fine set of musicians to a man.The track played tonight is called Lunar and taken from the album Moonmadness affording an excellent insight into the bands musical attributes.A weaving together of fine eclectic proportions as instruments become fused at the five minute forwards mark leaving the listener gravitationaly restrained whilst emotionally floating in a sea of musical soup.Never really propelled into those magical halls of prog rock fame but remained a fine outfit and ever so keen to please :

It was just after the heady heights of the amazing 15th Reading Fest that I tuned into Camel and in my estimation a fine set of musicians to a man.The track played tonight is called Lunar and taken from the album Moonmadness affording an excellent insight into the bands musical attributes.A weaving together of fine eclectic proportions as instruments become fused at the five minute forwards mark leaving the listener gravitationaly restrained whilst emotionally floating in a sea of musical soup.Never really propelled into those magical halls of prog rock fame but remained a fine outfit and ever so keen to please :

Saw them in Manchester around 1977 ish as I remember, at the Free Trade Hall, I think. Excellent gig and excellent band.

How about Tangerine Dream? I had a few of their albums, such as Rubicon. Never sure if I really liked them that much but at the time, it was interesting. Never saw them live - although I remember they played the Apollo in about 1978 or thereabouts and I was tempted. But it was just blokes standing around with a couple of keyboards and a tape deck, as I understand it.

Seeing as RPWL didn't come up in a thread search, I'm guessing they're rare. Started out as a Pink Floyd tribute band 20 years ago then added their own stuff. Quite enjoyable, any other fans out there?

oh thread resurrection, cool. If you can get over the fact they sing en francais then these are very accomplished musicians, saw them support Fish at one of the academies 3 or 4 years ago. First video is a bit of a novelty signature piece but worth a watch

oh thread resurrection, cool. If you can get over the fact they sing en francais then these are very accomplished musicians, saw them support Fish at one of the academies 3 or 4 years ago. First video is a bit of a novelty signature piece but worth a watch

Seems this is the most recent prog thread, although thought there was one knocking about earlier this year.

That band sound right up my avenue so will add them to my Spotify playlist. Cheers.

Don't know if they qualify as Prog, but they had definitely elements of it depending on the album.

Ellis
Home

Home had a cocnept album "The Alchemist" which is considered a great Prog offering of the time, Ypu can get it on You Tube but I like the album of the track I added.

How about Tangerine Dream? I had a few of their albums, such as Rubicon. Never sure if I really liked them that much but at the time, it was interesting. Never saw them live - although I remember they played the Apollo in about 1978 or thereabouts and I was tempted. But it was just blokes standing around with a couple of keyboards and a tape deck, as I understand it.
Think I was at that gig. They had a bank of equipment behind them, like computer consoles with red lights blinking on and off. It was quite fascinating to watch. Which is more than they themselves were. Great gig though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.