Rate Roberto Mancini

He has given the team belief.

All players give their full effort when they're on the pitch. I like how he reacts when things aren't going well.

Substitutions and tactics are the best from a City manager I can remember. I read somewhere that our subs have scored more goals than any other team in Europe have.

He is great with the media too.

Also great move making Vince captain. Just wish he'd done it for the Cup Final.

Good appointments in Kidd and although I didn't think so at the time Platt

his name gets sung more than any players, which is pretty rare! i think that says everything you need to know about how city fans feel about bobby!

Forza Mancini!

Re: Re: Rate Roberto Mancini

peoffrey said:
His overtly defensive football was disgusting to watch at times and I don't know anyone who was enjoying it.

You do now.

Having a big budget, the price of away tickets, command of a foreign language and a match which has not happened are also not reasons to mark a manager down.

totally agree with all your comments other than your scoring of 8 out of 10 overall.its got to be nearer 9.5 because he talks like a champion the players are thinking like champoins & the rest of the country thinking the team are playing like champions. even bacon face gave credit in his handling of Tevez & that must have choked him. He's made sure everyone knows he's the boss and all the players know there role! when was the last time that happen at our club???
players bought have all been first class, Kolarov expensive i know but Clichy was a steal and compared to Hughes buy's (Bridge, Santa Cruz) they are value for money. He's also delivered on the trophy front - no more Halifax, Blackpool,Milwall & Notts county FA cup humiliation so all in the best manager since Joe Mercer defo a 9.5 out of 10

Kaini Industries said:
peoffrey said:
His overtly defensive football was disgusting to watch at times and I don't know anyone who was enjoying it.

You do now.

Having a big budget, the price of away tickets, command of a foreign language and a match which has not happened are also not reasons to mark a manager down.

He's had 2 years to improve his English but there's still signs he struggles with it. I also criticise Fabio Capello for the same thing. I simply couldn't work for someone who couldn't comprehensively explain to me why they want me to do what I'm supposed to be doing. For example, Mancini originally said Tevez refused to play and this blatantly isn't correct. He refused to warm up and City admitted this on the website. Mancini got it wrong but thankfully Tevez' subsequent behaviour has overshadowed that somewhat.

The FA Cup run was basic until the Semi Finals last season and we really should've been pushing for the title with that squad. Instead we finished 3rd. He's a fortunate Manager. Always has been.

8. 9 when he lifts European silverware and 10 when we're as dominant in the Premiership as U****d are.

peoffrey said:
He's had 2 years to improve his English but there's still signs he struggles with it. I also criticise Fabio Capello for the same thing. I simply couldn't work for someone who couldn't comprehensively explain to me why they want me to do what I'm supposed to be doing. For example, Mancini originally said Tevez refused to play and this blatantly isn't correct. He refused to warm up and City admitted this on the website. Mancini got it wrong but thankfully Tevez' subsequent behaviour has overshadowed that somewhat.

The FA Cup run was basic until the Semi Finals last season and we really should've been pushing for the title with that squad. Instead we finished 3rd. He's a fortunate Manager. Always has been.

8. 9 when he lifts European silverware and 10 when we're as dominant in the Premiership as U****d are.

You do realize once you are over 30 it becomes increasingly harder to learn a new language? Also, some people learn languages very easy, others not so much. Criticizing Mancini for his English is silly. His English is fine. Or did you expect him to sound like a native by now? If so I suggest you wait until you are 40-something, then pick up a foreign language and learn it to perfection in two years.

If it is that important to you players and manager speak the same language I suggest you take a look at Tevez, who after living in England for 7-ish years is it, doesn't even speak rudimentary English. I do however suspect he knows the terms: New contract, more money, Kia is my friend and I love my snood.

ICT-Tam said:
his name gets sung more than any players, which is pretty rare! i think that says everything you need to know about how city fans feel about bobby!

Forza Mancini!

Spot on. I just love it when we sing his name. The guy is sooooo fucking cool.

When asked about them lot being top he just shrugged his shoulders and said thats only because they played earlier. He is cooler than Jules and Vince. Love ya Bobby.

peoffrey said:
Kaini Industries said:
peoffrey said:

You do now.

He clearly has no problem getting his message across, judging by the way we play I'd say the lads know exactly what they're supposed to be doing. No doubt though, they'll continue to improve as they play together longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.