Rate this season

People seem to be forgiving the poor results in big games because we've performed slightly better and created more chances than our shambolic showings last season - along with the fact that we've been shafted by some poor ref decisions. At the end of the day though, we've won one game against a top four rival (two if you count our win at OT) and that is once again fucking shite. We also bottled it in Monaco and lost from a winning position against a bang average Arsenal side.
Exactly mate we were two up effectively in Monaco as well and his decision not to play yaya was a farce.

Perhaps because he thought they weren't ready? If they weren't and had poor seasons they and pep would have been pulled to pieces
Conte threw ake in yesterday. Wenger threw holding in today. Maffeo has looked very ready when he has played. Oh and where have they gone on loan? To peps brothers team in the shitty Spanish second division. How's that helping them be ready for the prem? Another poor decision especially to send both out.

Tonight I saw what Messi can do. Is Luis Enrique a football genius? Would you want him or Zidane at City? Thought not.

We will find out next year with another 200 million spent whether he is as good as everyone thinks he is.

6/10 on the basis that while the results have been worse the style has been better.

Conte threw ake in yesterday. Wenger threw holding in today. Maffeo has looked very ready when he has played. Oh and where have they gone on loan? To peps brothers team in the shitty Spanish second division. How's that helping them be ready for the prem? Another poor decision especially to send both out.
Yup because all young players are at the same level of development lol
I'd rather them go to a team with a proper playing style similar to our own than some championship side that bypasses it's own midfield with every attack

How do you know he didn't try to get fullbacks? He's not an idiot, he's one of the best managers on the planet evidenced by his track record with Barca and Munich.
If you don't think he knew there were holes at the full back area then you're mistaken, he will have evaluated the squad and seen that the current fullback situation and knows it's very, very weak; however this isn't FIFA where you can buy whoever you want with the right money.
What makes you say he underestimated the league?

I'm not calling him an idiot and I don't dispute that you cant always get what you want transfer wise - but it was still a huge mistake on his and Txiki's part not to address the whole back four prior to another season of shambolic defending.

Bravo was also a complete fuck up and has failed miserably - as we'll have to fork out another 25million+ on a goalkeeper now.

Like you say though - he deserves a full summer to get his players in and we will re-assess next season. I think were all just frustrated with how the season has panned out.

Just got in and fed up of reading about how pep needs a year. Fuck off with that shit will you. Conte is about to win a double with Chelsea and mourinho could win 2 trophies and knock us out of the top 4. Pep spent money. He got rid of hart and nasri who should both still be here. He's called yaya and Sergio who continue to be vital to the team and will be extremely difficult to replace. He's bought nolito and never even puts him in the squad. He's progressed us not one jot and that's the biggest problem. His results against the top 4 are awful. One win?!? He has a lot to prove for city cos he's added fuck all this season.
Very true. The "we will be better next season" line is tiresome at this stage. Every other team will also strive to be better. It's not going to get any easier for Guardiola,he needs to show if he was worth treading water for 3/4 years. At the moment(bar a few fleeting moments)he hasn't been good enough. He pretty much admitted that during the week. If next season follows a similar path the trigger may be pulled.

Yup because all young players are at the same level of development lol
I'd rather them go to a team with a proper playing style similar to our own than some championship side that bypasses it's own midfield with every attack
Did I say loan them out? No mate maffeo looked the part when he's played. Let's give the lad a chance cos he won't do worse than navas.

I'm not calling him an idiot and I don't dispute that you cant always get what you want transfer wise - but it was still a huge mistake on his and Txiki's part not to address the whole back four prior to another season of shambolic defending.

Bravo was also a complete fuck up and has failed miserably - as we'll have to fork out another 25million+ on a goalkeeper now.

Like you say though - he deserves a full summer to get his players in and we will re-assess next season. I think were all just frustrated with how the season has panned out.

We did try to address the back four situation, we bought stones and got damn near to bringing laporte in as well but fell through at the last minute; not forgetting we attempted to pursue bonucci. The right players have to be available and we can't be necessarily sure there were suitable targets at full back position
I agree that bravo has been a let down; he did however come in with a big reputation from Spain and hasn't delivered, there's not a great deal pep can do about players who just aren't performing (other than take them out of the team which he did)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.