Rayan Aït-Nouri

What experience has Cucurella and Ait Nouri had before going to PL?
Have you watched either of these guys play? Ait Nouri made Salah look like dog shit all day long...from a defensive standpoint could become elite...I'm not going to debate Cucurella's overall qualities...he would be an excellent addition to City...I do like Raum but would take Cuucu over him at thi point and definitely over the other two guys mentioned...

None - but we didn’t take the risk on them.

Other clubs did.

The risk of them failing doesn’t sit with us - it sits with Brighton and Wolves.

With respect, we’re not competing at the same level as those clubs anymore. We’re trying to win the League and the Champions League every season.

If we take a risk and it fails, we risk losing out on the biggest prizes football has to offer.

If Wolves or Brighton buy a dud, it’s not going to be the difference between winning a League title or finishing with nothing. It has an impact, sure - but it’s not the same.

It’s all about risk - it’s not complicated.

That’s why Mendes does what he does at Wolves - to bring players into the PL and de-risk them for the bigger clubs, selling on those that work for a much bigger fee.

Clubs like us reward others for taking the risks we can’t afford to by paying more than they did for the same players.

Brighton and Cucurella is a great example. He was a risk when they bought him - he isn’t now. So we’ll end up paying Brighton for taking the risk on him.

That’s how football has always worked.
1000% on the money!

Have you watched either of these guys play? Ait Nouri made Salah look like dog shit all day long...from a defensive standpoint could become elite...I'm not going to debate Cucurella's overall qualities...he would be an excellent addition to City...I do like Raum but would take Cuucu over him at thi point and definitely over the other two guys mentioned...
Salah has made Salah look dogshit since February.

Fatigue May have something to do with that though.

Salah has made Salah look dogshit since February.

Fatigue May have something to do with that though.
True that, but if I'm not mistaken the game I'm referring to was in the midst of when Salah was on a tear...that's what left me so impressed...It took until stoppage time when Ait Nouri came off with a cramp for Salah to get a touch and Liverpool to pull it out...

Rayan is only 20 he’s had a good season, improved from last season, but not ready for that step up yet, but i don’t doubt that he will be in a year or two. He’s had a couple of issues around stamina and fatigue but seems to be overcoming that now.

Rayan is only 20 he’s had a good season, improved from last season, but not ready for that step up yet, but i don’t doubt that he will be in a year or two. He’s had a couple of issues around stamina and fatigue but seems to be overcoming that now.
Also guessing since his deal is to 2026 hed basically cost the same as Cucurella

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.