RB Leipzig (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Thought City were really good in the first half, couldn’t believe how we were behind early in the second half but cream rises to the top. Great goal by Alvarez, what a player he’s turning out to be, really at home at this club. Lewis was superb in midfield, loads of energy, MoTM.
The reason you can’t believe it is because it didn’t happen.

Haaland is literally a negative in the team right now, he doesn’t do anything for the team and chances we create for him he keeps wasting it.
It’ll come good again.
He’s still learning too.
Best thing he did all night was hold up and lay off for the third.
Give him space and he’ll do that.

Big difference tonight when Alvarez came on. Just the movement up front was in stark contrast to what went on before.

Also Doku brings unpredictability and speed that Jack isn’t offering.
Too often at the moment though, not just tonight, when he gets by his two man marking him, he looks up and has two more defenders to get a pass past, because Erling doesn’t attack the front post. He likes to run behind the defender marking him.
When him and Doku get an understanding we’ll be frightening again.

Without the subs we were at our best when our tricky players played short one touch ball controlled through their defence, but too often it ended with no one to pick out for a shot.

The sheer increase in speed when the subs came on was a huge boost.

I'd do the opposite. Start Grealish for the control and domination of the ball, then bring Doku on against tired defenders when there's more space to work in.
I'd rather be winning the game rather then chasing for a winner. But it's good competition for them both

We're grasping for form a bit at the moment and for first time it actually looks like Haaland is out of form. If it means we peak at the business end again then I'm all for it
Exactly fucking this. Some people are expecting the team that twatted Bayern and Real Madrid, but it doesn't work like that. We've started this season like we have most, in that we've been a distance from our sublime best, just that this year we actually won every game until Wolves and Newcastle.

We're a bit rusty, had some key injuries/ suspensions and also bedding in new players after one of our great players left - yet, we're top of the Premier League and top of our Champions League group. Fucking hell, some people just need to give the lads a fucking break and get behind them.

Andy Townsend:"Overall, City has been the better team!" I really started hating his commentary.
I know, I know, he seems a decent enough bloke when talking football or in a studio. But his commentaries are always what to do to get us, he never does when covering other teams. I just do not get it, and then such a stupid statement.

Great result, always felt like we played within ourselves though. Haaland is mortal, Rico was brillliant.

Brilliant result and a deserved win against a Leipzig side that are no mugs. Rico was very good tonight and I think midfield is his best position where his energy and driving runs will cause opponents a lot of problems.

Fantastic strike by Alvarez, he doesn't do many taps in does he.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.