RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

5th team in Germany, but they are 4 points away from being leaders. Have beaten Madrid, drew Bayern and dominated both. They have lost once in like 30 games. They started very poorly the season, if not they would be leaders in Bundesliga.

You sir have no idea of football if you think we were so bad
thats the first time ive watched liepzig so based on what i saw in the first half thay were either absolute dogshit or just sat back and let us have a training session.
so as good as they are being touted on here i can only comment on what i saw.
what i saw was a team scared to death of us and constantly giving the ball away relying on the counter that came to fuckall.
they were definately there for the taking first half and we fucked about with it probably on orders from pep.
pep definately played for a draw tonight such is his obsession with this competition and i think the players know this hence the reluctance to take risks.
But that second half was crying out for subs and its worrying pep made none.
is he saving players for bournmouth?.
also people saying wait till kevs back hes been fucking awful for a few months now bar the odd game.
in my opinion and its just an opinion if we dont get some new young recruits in the summer and im worried about our spending with all the bullshit going on then we could see a scouse type of decline next season.

If you think todays game and the forest game were similar you need to rewatch both games. Totally different except the outcome. We wern't in anyway boring in the Forest game.
The way we play is the same. The attempts on goal are different depending on the opposition. Forest are straight garbage and they played US the same, the way that leipzig played US the same....because they knew what was coming. You get it right?

It's possible to understand different views on this.

As others have said, nothing sums up a Manchester City performance (and result) this season as much as that did tonight. From total control with little threat, to losing the control and automatically looking threatened. Haaland with his first touch in the opposition penalty area after 70 odd minutes perhaps tells a story of where we're at just now.

That being said, we were a ridiculous (non) decision away from earning a last gasp penalty and probably winning 2-1 away from home, and their keeper did make one really top drawer save from Gundogan at 1-1.

It's so frustrating, and people mention subs - or using players with more energy. Fine but I've seen Alvarez a few times this season have little to no impact (not having a go - he's adjusting and he's also played some blinders), Foden hasn't looked great for a long while, so where do we go from here? What could we have done differently?

Mods- please ban this rag
You're the one who has some sort of Save our Dave campaign going for a manager who just blew two matches in a row because he refused to do the simplest thing and make a substitution. If Pep were as infallible as you pretend he is they'd be top of the league and 3-0 up after the first leg of this tie. Instead they dropped points to a team that is playing in the PL for the first time in over a decade and another team that has a squad worth about 1/10 of what City is worth. These are inexcusable results all things considered.

I’m much happier with the recent form. We’re in the middle of 5 consecutive away games and we’re handling it well. Although we didn’t take our chances, I think we were just unlucky against Forest and tonight’s game was always going to be tricky. Beat Bournemouth and and it’s a decent return.

Good result against a German side that has only been beaten once in twenty games , we now have home advantage to finish the tie off , of the four remaining English teams we are easily the better placed to progress.
Leipzig had a good 20 minute spell , cannot understand how their centre back was allowed to put both hands on Dias's shoulders to get to the height to head the ball for the equaliser and the referee did nothing no VAR etc.
The handball in the last minute again is obvious but Var refused to get involved , yet again being stitched u by UEFA , nothing new there.
Well said.

Admittedly a few pints in but for God’s sake…..
Yes we are way below the standards of the past few seasons
Yes we aren’t putting a run together
Yes some players are bang out of form
But for the love of all that is holy - we are getting shafted. Tonight was a STONEWALL penalty - yep we were crap second half. Sometimes that happens…..and when you score a last minute winner after a crap performance it can be season defining - regrettably we don’t get the opportunity. People can woman and moan about our performance tonight (it certainly wasn’t the best second half) but at the end of the day we were denied a blatant game winning opportunity.
Said game winning opportunity was only discussed “after the break” - had it been other teams it’d have been first up (adding pressure re the next leg). Never been sure about the “agenda” stuff but, Christ, that tonight was a joke - 1. No pen given by ref 2. No VAR 3. Played down by BT
Totally agree. No doubt the players and the manager are not fully “on it” but we are on the wrong end of so many bad game changing decisions week in week out it’s untrue.

Btw, I think it’s healthy to be critical of the performances and the managerial decisions but a bit of perspective is needed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.