RB Leipzig (A) | Post Match Thread

I'm.starting to lose faith in Pep to be honest. I came to the conclusion some while back that we would never win Champions League with him at the helm. He just doesn't have it in him - he thinkers and farts about too much and bottles it in the big.games.

And now we're playing really dull boring safe football and wasting the biggest talent the premier League has ever seen it's a criminal shame. There's plenty of other managers would use the talent we have and get us playing better more attacking more productive football than this.

Name them.

Pathetic second half. There is essentially neither dynamism nor athleticism in the team.

Not calling that handball in the late stages was shambolic though. Could've gotten a proper result if the reffing was better.
Everybody but Pep could see what was going to happen in that second half. He refused to shake things up, refused to fix anything. Same shit all over again. We keep throwing away leads. Newcastle, Everton, Villa, United, Forest. We are not good enough or hungry enough to win anything of note this season. Too much complacency and stubbornness.

Nope they din't. Liepzig have a team to counter our style which we hate playing (pace on the wings). Its what we hate doing against Pool and Rags as well. Forest din't play with pace, they countered and created a decent goal by stringing some passes, but today was a much more even and tougher game. Anyways lets just agree to disagree. :)
Forest's goal came from pace on the wings right? He dribbled past two players while gibbs-white made a run with pace to pull the man away. What am i missing?

Man City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to BT Sport: "They made a step forward and pressed higher and we had more problems to make the build-up. After the goal, we concede and we come back and played a good last 15-20 minutes. We had good chances in both halves and a good result and we go to decide it in Manchester.

"I am happy for the whole game, not just the first half. What do you expect? That we play a friendly game here? How many games have you seen from Leipzig? You expect us to come here and win 0-5? That is not a reality. This is a competition that in the group stage many important teams are out. It is difficult. We are a good team and we do many, many good things. We continued to do this. People expect us to come here and win 0-4, I am sorry we are not able to do this.

"I saw the team good, especially in the middle. I thought about Phil [Foden]. In the end, I decide to continue with what I have, especially the back four. Bernardo [Silva] was giving a lot of control in the middle.

"I didn't see it so I cannot talk, but I know what happens in these situations."

The last paragraph is referring to the penalty shout I think.

Its unbelievable. The way people are on here, it would seem like they care about Haaland more than the club. He is part of the issue as well ! Don't just blame the people not looking for him, he needs to change his style as well to suit the club.
With respect, have you been watching this season? Haaland makes run after run after run and gets completely ignored every time. "Change his style" ... what exactly do you want from him? His style is to score ridiculous numbers of goals, if given the opportunity.

Maybe he could play at left back, everyone else seems to have had a go.

Seriously wouldn't blame Haaland one bit if he did an interview saying he needs to leave.

Genuine question, is there any appreciable difference between what Forest did on Saturday (11 men behind the ball) and what City did in the first 45 minutes tonight. Anti-football is anti-football whether it's by defending your own area or passing sideways for 45 minutes.

The commentator called it tonight, Haaland's first touch in the opposition area was on 68 minutes. That is NOT Haaland's fault. It's also not the fault of any individual player, it's a team ethic that just won't allow itself to take even the slightest risk of a forward pass. The solution to this can only come from Pep.

It's over for Pep because.... we drew a game?

Some of you have lost your heads.
I don't think it's down to drawing 1 game. :)

I think some City fans want a more direct manager who attacks and takes more risks, gets Haaland involved with balls into the box. Makes subs when reqd. Less side and backward passes.
I don't want Pep to go but fuck these performances are so frustrating, I think fans get frustrated with Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.