RB Leipzig (A) - Wed 22nd Feb, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edinburgh airport bar just played
From rotterdam to Amsterdam followed by Love will tear us apart

It's a sign

Leipzig are in great attacking form, City played really well against Forest, so if we can add to that by sticking the ball in the net at the end of those brilliant moves I can see a 4-2 away win here.

It's the next round that troubles me, Napoli almost undefeated this season, Bayern going well - they both lie in wait, plus the usual suspects.

Pep will likely employ his "false fullback" formation. Silva will likely start at so-called left back.

Is this going to work against RB Leipzig? I'm not familiar with their team. If RBL has a talented right-winger, Silva will be incapable of containing him. And this could lead to huge problems.
===
Pep loves ball retention as a primary means of match control.

But with Haaland - I'd love for him to think outside the box.

Put our pacy players forward - and play high-press counter-attack at times.

Glad to hear Walker is ok.

KDB obv will be a huge miss if he’s out. Obviously don’t want any injuries but Laporte we have cover for.

Pep will likely employ his "false fullback" formation. Silva will likely start at so-called left back.

Is this going to work against RB Leipzig? I'm not familiar with their team. If RBL has a talented right-winger, Silva will be incapable of containing him. And this could lead to huge problems.
Dominik Szoboszlai plays out on the RW for them. He scored against us last season in that 2-1 loss, and he's been great this season. 5 goals, 13 assists according to Transfermarkt, including one against Wolfsburg last game. Don't think it's advisable to play Bernardo against him. Has to be Ake.

If KDB is out, we should play a midfield three of Rodri-Gundogan-Bernardo. Provides us with some much-needed technical security with Gundogan as the controller. Ake goes to LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.